Liked songs playlist order on web player does not sync with desktop app

Plan

Premium

Country

Vietnam

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

The order of the liked songs playlist on the web player does not sync properly with my desktop and mobile app. I've tried logging out and in again to no avail.

Screenshot 2022-08-25 005141.png
Screenshot 2022-08-11 091639.png
6 Replies

Hi there @tuannamnguyen,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. This seems odd. Let's take a closer look into this together.

To start with, can you clear you cookies and cache to see if the issue persists? On another note, can you let us know which browser you're using?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if this only occurs with your Likes Songs playlist or multiple playlists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have tried to clear the cookies and cache but it didn't work. I'm using Chrome. AFAIK this only happens with the liked songs playlist

Hey again @tuannamnguyen,

Thank you for your reply and for trying it out what was suggested 🙂 

Can you let us know if you're using any VPN?

Also, can you try a different browser to see if the issue persists?

If you have the possibility, can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists?

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I do not use VPN. The issue is still there using another device with Safari

Hey @shubh4,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but the sorting options are not available yet in the Web Player and cannot be sync by using the app. These sorting options are just present on the desktop or mobile app, but the order will not change in the Web Player when you change it.

We apologize if this could cause any inconvenience, but it's an expected behavior in Liked songs, playlists and albums.

However, a similar idea to add sorting options to the Web Player has already been suggested here - feel free to add your +Vote and subscribe to it! Keep in mind that its Status doesn't mean it won't be implemented, as Spotify will check it out if it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm not looking for sorting options on the web player. My problem is both the web player and the desktop app had the same order of songs before and now they do not

Suggested posts