Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Browse] Application interface breakdown (windows 10)

Hello ! Everytime the ad shows up, the application is completely frozen ! I can't do anything for 1 minute until i close the ad. I don't bother having a discreet ad, but it's really annoying when the application is breaking down because of it. The so...

• Visitor
  • Hello ! Everytime the ad shows up, the application is completely frozen ! I can't do anything for 1 minute until i close the ad. I don't bother having a discreet ad, but it's really annoying when the...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Browse
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution What is wrong with my spotify app for windows?

Plan CountryPremiumDeviceRyzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Super, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, 1TB SSD.Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor the past two months, my Spotify has not been working at all. When I load up the app, my "Liked Songs" and all of my ...

•   Plan   Country Premium Device Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Super, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, 1TB SSD. Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue For the past two months, ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution windows app black screen

PlanPremiumCountryhong kongDevicePC Operating Systemwindows10 pro ver.20H2 My Question or Issuemy account got hack this morning , so i log-out all driver which using my account and change my passwordstart spotify again balck screen like picture attac...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country hong kong Device PC  Operating System windows10 pro ver.20H2   My Question or Issue my account got hack this morning , so i log-out all driver which using my ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

"spotify not responding"

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuespotify keeps crashing with an "application not responding" message every month or so, I delete and reinstall the app every

• Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue spotify keeps crashing with an "application not responding" message every month or so, I...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't see all songs by an artist

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been having trouble seeing all songs by an artist on their artist page. I know I used to be able to but I can't find where the option is anymore. I looked around and it looks li...

NouveauPunk_0-1608622471885.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been having trouble seeing all songs by an artist on their artist page. I know I used to be able to but I...
  • h3adsh0t69
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer, you can import it

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm posting this to ask about the playback just stopping all together and giving this error message, "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your ...

•   Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm posting this to ask about the playback just stopping all together and giving t...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] able to skip songs but not ads??

not sure if this is just me, but when an ad comes on, i'm usually able to skip it after 5 seconds or something like that, but now if i try to do that it comes up with "please try again after the ad"??? but i'm still able to skip songs...does anyone k...

• not sure if this is just me, but when an ad comes on, i'm usually able to skip it after 5 seconds or something like that, but now if i try to do that it comes up with "please try again after the ad"?...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some keyboard shortcuts not working

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAlt-Left and Alt-Right doesn't work for me anymore. Other keyboard shortcuts, like Ctrl-Right and Shift-Right work fine. When deleting several tracks from a playlist,...

aklefdal_0-1618472018930.png aklefdal_1-1618472062130.png aklefdal_2-1618472203274.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Alt-Left and Alt-Right doesn't work for me anymore. Other keyboard shortcuts, like Ctrl-Ri...
  • diegofilbal
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • keyboard shortcuts
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] Spotify desktop app is really frustrating and unreponsive

When I try to listen to podcasts in the PC desktop app I am unable to scroll down to view the different podcasts in my collection. Nor am I able to choose the different episodes available. It gets stuck on the top section and I can't move down from t...

• Visitor
  • When I try to listen to podcasts in the PC desktop app I am unable to scroll down to view the different podcasts in my collection. Nor am I able to choose the different episodes available. It gets st...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I remove an advertisement that is blocking my playlists?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I could not find anywhere else to post. My left sidebar playlist is being obstructed by a "Sprint" ad. How do I remove this? Again, if this the wrong forum, please let me know where I can find this answer. ...

• Music Fan
  • I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I could not find anywhere else to post.  My left sidebar playlist is being obstructed by a "Sprint" ad.  How do I remove this? Again, if this the...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music exchange
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect suddenly changes current playlist

Whenever I have music playing on my desktop my phone is automatically using Connect to be able to control the desktop app. I'm not using Connect to control at all but it still activates anyway. However it randomly changes my current playlist and remo...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I have music playing on my desktop my phone is automatically using Connect to be able to control the desktop app. I'm not using Connect to control at all but it still activates anyway. &nb...
  • qwertier
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 39 likes
  • Windows
  • 20 replies
  • 39 likes

Superuser Contribution Won't Stop Shuffling

I'm have Spotify Premium and am using the Desktop app for Windows 10.The songs always shuffle, even when I turn off the shuffle option. I've reinstalled the app twice and it will fix it for a day, but the problem returns.How can I fix this?

• Visitor
  • I'm have Spotify Premium and am using the Desktop app for Windows 10. The songs always shuffle, even when I turn off the shuffle option.  I've reinstalled the app twice and it will fix it for a...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting Ads in a Premium subscription

PremiumFRANCE DeviceDesktopOperating SystemAndroid Hi !It's been a long since i'm a premium user and i dont know if its recently but im getting Ads.Are we not supposed to be ads free when we are premium ? it's really annoying considering that you pay...

• Visitor
  • Premium FRANCE   Device Desktop Operating System Android   Hi ! It's been a long since i'm a premium user and i dont know if its recently but im getting Ads. Are we not supposed t...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App has no sound

DevicePC - Windows 10 My Question or IssueApp doesnt play any sound. Correct audio device, streaming device and isnt muted from the little bar where you adjust the volume. There is no error message. Browser and Android app works fine on the same acco...

• Casual Listener
  • Device PC - Windows 10   My Question or Issue App doesnt play any sound. Correct audio device, streaming device and isnt muted from the little bar where you adjust the volume. There is no er...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Troubleshooting
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Search function changes the queue

PlanPremiumCountry(should be irrelevant but) AustriaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Version 2004 (Build 19041.1237) My Question or IssueHi everyone, what I've noticed was since the new version of the spotify app on PC, when I search or "filter" fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country (should be irrelevant but) Austria Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Version 2004 (Build 19041.1237)   My Question or Issue Hi everyone,   what I've not...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can friends see me listening to their collaborative playlist?

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice: Surface Pro 4 My Question or IssueMy friend has a private collaborative playlist between my friend and I. The playlist is private so I understand that no one else can listen to it but us, but when I am listening...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Australia Device: Surface Pro 4   My Question or Issue My friend has a private collaborative playlist between my friend and I. The playlist is private so I under...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Collaborative playlist private public
    collaborative playlists
    Friend Activity
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows Apps Crashing on Login

Windows app randomly started crashing yesterday. Have tried everything. Clean reinstall (remove files and all registry entries I could find). Run in compatibility mode, logout from other devices. Windows update, graphics update. Can't figure it out. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Windows app randomly started crashing yesterday. Have tried everything. Clean reinstall (remove files and all registry entries I could find). Run in compatibility mode, logout from other devices. Win...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Basics about playlists

Please, can anyone tell me how to put the content in my playlist in alphabetical order in Windows 10? Impossilbe to find an answer it seems, which says a lot about Spotifys interface.

• Casual Listener
  • Please, can anyone tell me how to put the content in my playlist in alphabetical order in Windows 10? Impossilbe to find an answer it seems, which says a lot about Spotifys interface.
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Bring back number of plays on ALL songs, not just what Spotify deems most popular.

I just hopped on desktop Spotify for the first time in years and was HEAVILY disappointed to learn that, not only did Spotify do away with the little popularity bars that used to let you know how popular a song was, but they also did away with listen...

• I just hopped on desktop Spotify for the first time in years and was HEAVILY disappointed to learn that, not only did Spotify do away with the little popularity bars that used to let you know how pop...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes