Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Issue with cover art changing to something I don't want for local files

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey. For some reason, any time I go and try to edit the tag of a local file, the cover art gets changed to something that I didn't choose if it's by a certain artist (in this case...

megadude1234_0-1642556715262.png megadude1234_1-1642556787503.png megadude1234_2-1642556804209.png megadude1234_3-1642556830261.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey. For some reason, any time I go and try to edit the tag of a local file, the cover art gets changed to ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bug Windows
    Help Spotify!
    local files
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Freezing (PC)

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueLately, Spotify has been freezing in a weird way. Just after starting up the software for the first time since turning on my PC, Spotify will freeze. However, I am stil...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Lately, Spotify has been freezing in a weird way. Just after starting up the software for th...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Multiple Devices

PlanPremium DuoCountryUSADeviceWindows, Amazon Echo, iOS devicesOperating SystemSee above My Question or IssueHow can I listen to two devices at the same time. I want to listen to Spotify at work, but my wife may want to listen to Spotify on the Echo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Duo Country USA Device Windows, Amazon Echo, iOS devices Operating System See above   My Question or Issue How can I listen to two devices at the same time. I want to list...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Alexa and Spotify connect issues

PlanFreeCountryUSA DevicePC and Echo 3rd genOperating SystemWindows 10 and Alexa Attached is a photo of my spotify connect devices. Is there any reason why they might be unavailable to control?Edit: I've just switched to a different Spotify account a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA   Device PC and Echo 3rd gen Operating System Windows 10 and Alexa   Attached is a photo of my spotify connect devices. Is there any reason why they might be...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hissing on SONGS

Premium User - Win11USA Why is it suddenly I'm getting a terrible hissing sound on songs! I.E. - A Horse With No Name - America, Black Dog - Led Zeppelin Year of The Cat - Al Stewart This is very annoying since I like to stream music. If this continu...

• Roadie
  • Premium User - Win11 USA   Why is it suddenly I'm getting a terrible hissing sound on songs!   I.E. - A Horse With No Name - America,   Black Dog - Led Zeppelin   ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Different album and album cover in playing now (bottom left) and playlist

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSometimes when playing songs from a playlist the actual song playing is the same song, but from a different album. Also showing album cover for another album.Why is this ha...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Sometimes when playing songs from a playlist the actual song playing is the same song, but from a diffe...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All songs grayed out while online, but playlists can still be played

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been having this problem since yesterday, for some reason on desktop specifically (not on mobile) every single individual song is grayed out, but when I click ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been having this problem since yesterday, for some reason on desktop specifically (...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Xbox Game Bar Spotify Glitch

PlanFreeDeviceCustom PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have enjoyed using Xbox game bar Spotify feature. It has been good to use except one issue. The playlists on my recently played are things I haven't listened to recently. I have ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Device Custom PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have enjoyed using Xbox game bar Spotify feature. It has been good to use except one issue. The playlists ...
  • Jakeythewolf5
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Changing the Music volume INGAME

Sometimes you need to hear staps of the enemy ingame... but dont like to altways pause your musik. The should be the possibility to change the SPOTIFY VOLUMEN with a Hotkey. But only the volumen of spotify.

• Visitor
  • Sometimes you need to hear staps of the enemy ingame... but dont like to altways pause your musik.  The should be the possibility to change the SPOTIFY VOLUMEN with a Hotkey. But only the vo...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Minimize restore animations Windows 10

Plan PremiumCountry USADevice PCOperating System Windows 10 Pro 1809 My Question or Issue I have searched and search and found only ONE bite at this issue and though it may seem trivial at most, I think in terms of consistency and flow it would be ni...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro 1809   My Question or Issue   I have searched and search and found only ONE bite at this issue and though...
  • BramboXO
  • 9 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Animations
    minimizing
    Windows 10
  • 9 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Something Went Wrong PC Windows 10

its been months since this happening, i tried everything in the community suggested but nothing works but only on this Device i can't actually login both in app and websites, but when i tried using different device, i can listen to spotify like usual...

• Regular
  • its been months since this happening, i tried everything in the community suggested but nothing works but only on this Device i can't actually login both in app and websites, but when i tried using d...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sharing

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell 15-7000 series (7586)Operating SystemWindows 11 Pro My Question or IssueWhy can't I share to social media apps such as Facebook directly through the share option in the hamburger menu like on my Android app?

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Dell 15-7000 series (7586) Operating System Windows 11 Pro   My Question or Issue Why can't I share to social media apps such as Facebook direct...
  • Dell_Ray
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Deleted playlists

I couldn't figure out how to update this issue, so I created this one. I play Spotify on my TV (sound is much better than my PC speakers) and the deleted playlists are still available and actually play. Is there a way to recover/save them from the TV...

• Music Fan
  • I couldn't figure out how to update this issue, so I created this one.  I play Spotify on my TV (sound is much better than my PC speakers) and the deleted playlists are still available and actua...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I just wanna listen to music..

PlanPremiumCountrySWE Device(Samsung Galaxy, PC, RPI)Operating Systemwin10/ubuntu/android/debian/etc My Question or IssueThe UI is annoyingly childish, ugly and ineffective.Is there anyway you can mod/hack spotify to your liking?Spotify Clones? Anyth...

• Plan Premium Country SWE   Device (Samsung Galaxy, PC, RPI) Operating System win10/ubuntu/android/debian/etc   My Question or Issue The UI is annoyingly childish, ugly and ineffe...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify kann diesen song nicht abspielen . Wenn sich die Datei auf deinem Computer befindet , kannst

du sie importieren . Ich weiß einfach nicht was ich machen soll , ich kann einfache keine songs hören .Wenn ich auf play drücke kommt immer wieder die gleiche nachricht"spotify kann diesen song nicht abspielen . Wenn sich die Datei auf deinem Compute...

• Casual Listener
  • du sie importieren .   Ich weiß einfach nicht was ich machen soll , ich kann einfache keine songs hören . Wenn ich auf play drücke kommt immer wieder die gleiche nachricht "spotify kann dies...
  • LeaKathinka
  • 23 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to link account via Game bar

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue I am unable to link my Spotify account via Game bar on Windows 10. When I press link account a new pop-up appears which loads for a moment and then stays blank white.I ha...

• Plan Premium Country Ireland Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   I am unable to link my Spotify account via Game bar on Windows 10. When I press link account a...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Sync issue on Windows 10/11 Desktop App

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceDesktop PC & Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemWindows 11 & Android 9 My Question or IssueI use the Spotify app on both Windows and Android, and I noticed a perpetual bug where my liked songs do not correctly sync between the...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device Desktop PC & Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Windows 11 & Android 9   My Question or Issue I use the Spotify app on both Windows and Android, ...
  • Kiril
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    liked songs
    Sync issue
    Windows 10 Application
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files disappeared in search section

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDevice(iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook 2019)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueIn the seach section the local files disappeared in the new spotify version. In the search secti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device (iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook 2019) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue In the seach se...
  • Sourcethree
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Removed Essential Features

Why would spotify remove essential features from their desktop app UI? to try and make it sleeker? It looks like garbage now! You cant change the playlist picture, or sort and filter playlists. Those are EXTREMELY basic features for a music app that ...

• Regular
  • Why would spotify remove essential features from their desktop app UI?  to try and make it sleeker? It looks like garbage now!  You cant change the playlist picture, or sort and filter play...
  • Dietrichias
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
    Feature
    filter
    UI
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution LOCAL FILES NOT SHOWING-Have tried everything

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI want to cry. I have been at this for 2 hours.My local files won't show. I have done 3 clean reinstalls of the spotify app (deleted out of the local app data etc..) my file...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I want to cry. I have been at this for 2 hours. My local files won't show. I have done 3 cl...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes