Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Rowan94
  • Visitor
  • 214 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 214 replies
  • 16 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Album and track info from different artists

PlanFreeCountryUkraineDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10Sportify version (for desktop):1.1.63.568.gda8cb5ac-a My Question or IssueI've sent my brother two songs:https://open.spotify.com/album/1Gpzu0p68TcaXB8TIe5CDbhttps://open.spotify.com/track/0yhss...

• Plan Free Country Ukraine Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Sportify version (for desktop): 1.1.63.568.gda8cb5ac-a   My Question or Issue I've sent my brother two songs: https:/...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New desktop UI, how do I change it back to the old?

Plan Premium Country US Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I signed out of all accounts and came back to my desktop app looking like the Web Player Version, when right before it was the old interface. I can't stand this new interface an...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country US  Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue  I signed out of all accounts and came back to my desktop app looking like the Web Player Versi...
  • tjoynt
  • 28 replies
  • 71 likes
  • Desktop
    Windows
    Windows 10
  • 28 replies
  • 71 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution switching to the home page automatically 3 times a day

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy is the program switching to the home page automatically 3 times a day? This is something that changed with the last update. This is so annoying, I can be in the middle of...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why is the program switching to the home page automatically 3 times a day? This is something that ...
  • Julian
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I need recently played artists back, It's been removed since the UI update.

Since it's been removed I have to scroll my entire library to find a particular artist I listened recently.

• Since it's been removed I have to scroll my entire library to find a particular artist I listened recently.
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app constantly crashing

Plan: PremiumCountry: Philippines DeviceDesktop | Windows PCAMD Ryzen 3700x | 32gb RAM | ROG Strix B550-AOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro (20H2 Build 19042.928) My Question or IssueDesktop app is constantly crashing after playing something for 5 minute...

• Plan: Premium Country: Philippines   Device Desktop | Windows PC AMD Ryzen 3700x | 32gb RAM | ROG Strix B550-A Operating System Windows 10 Pro (20H2 Build 19042.928)   My Questio...
  • borkizorki
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify client keeps losing connection

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 So, my PC client keeps losing connection even though everything's fine with the connectivity. It usually happens after about 1 hour of running (I always keep it on in the background, playing or not). Shut...

• Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows 10   So, my PC client keeps losing connection even though everything's fine with the connectivity. It usually happens after about 1 hour of...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution the music does not play, stuck at 0:00

I am not the only one with this error. https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onpao9/every_song_stuck_at_000_and_not_working/https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onylsl/songs_stuck_at_000_on_pc/So it's been over 20 hours and still no fix - fo...

• Regular
  • I am not the only one with this error.   https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onpao9/every_song_stuck_at_000_and_not_working/ https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onylsl/songs_s...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify Desktop app resizes window

I've noticed recently that when I minimise Spotify to the task bar, after opening it up again, it forgets that resized the app and resets it to the original size. This forces me to have to resize the window each time I minimise it. This is quite frus...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed recently that when I minimise Spotify to the task bar, after opening it up again, it forgets that resized the app and resets it to the original size.  This forces me to have to resi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Block song on Spotofy Desktop PC

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLenovoOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow can you block ( ausblenden ) Songs on the Spotify Windows 10 PC App? There is no "-" or Dislike Button available

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Lenovo Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How can you block ( ausblenden ) Songs on the Spotify Windows 10 PC App? There is no "-" o...
  • JohnnyBlazeon
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windos Block Ausblenden
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Podcasts] Make offline listening of podcasts run smoother

Sometimes I will save podcasts onto my laptop so I can listen to them while not being connected to WiFi, but I have not been able to start any podcast while in offline mode. I can start listening to my podcasts in online mode then switch to offline a...

• Visitor
  • Sometimes I will save podcasts onto my laptop so I can listen to them while not being connected to WiFi, but I have not been able to start any podcast while in offline mode. I can start listening to ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] bring back the 'sort playlist by recently added' option

please, please please bring back the 'sort playlist by recently added' option.Or have the custom sort playlist option, show recently added songs at the "top" of the playlist page!Otherwise, trying to find a song that was recently added to a playlist ...

• please, please please bring back the 'sort playlist by recently added' option. Or have the custom sort playlist option, show recently added songs at the "top" of the playlist page! Otherwise, tryin...
  • Novy
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Desktop
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

I DON´T want to connect PC and Mobile

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 8 and PC How can I do, if I start a Playlist in my mobile, that my PC stays with the music that I´m playing?I just want to here different things in my car and in my office PC.Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 8 and PC   How can I do, if I start a Playlist in my mobile, that my PC stays with the music that I´m playing? I just want to here different things in my...
  • Vorax81
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

removal of friends view and "connect device"

so im starting to get sick of the desktop spotify playing music on my phone. while this feature is turned off AND my phone is not using wifi. is there a way to ACTUALLY disable this? is there a way to remove the friends activity side window? it just ...

• Casual Listener
  • so im starting to get sick of the desktop spotify playing music on my phone. while this feature is turned off AND my phone is not using wifi. is there a way to ACTUALLY disable this?   is ther...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Auth:15 and Something went wrong

Upon logging into windows on desktop, I'm met with the auth15 error, saying to check my firewall/disable it or checking a different proxy. I've disabled my firewall and also checked Spotify to be allowed through the firewall, neither worked. Upon goi...

• Visitor
  • Upon logging into windows on desktop, I'm met with the auth15 error, saying to check my firewall/disable it or checking a different proxy. I've disabled my firewall and also checked Spotify to be all...
  • Julian
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Connect to Device doesn't work [Win10]

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 If I want to use my phone to connect to a device it works fine but if I try to use my desktop all I get is this r e t a r d e d message that doesn't even mean anything.

417551fddf5c769cc9f600d088810ff9.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device PC Operating System Windows 10   If I want to use my phone to connect to a device it works fine but if I try to use my desktop all I get is this ...
  • MiRamsauer
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed activity missing on Desktop

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue My friends are gone.. Fix this please

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  M...
  • hekemon
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Friends
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Window] Spotify Lyrics

PlanPremiumCountrySouth Korea DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI downloaded the latest spotify for desktop, however itdidn't show any lyrics while my friend's spotify can do that

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country South Korea  Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I downloaded the latest spotify for desktop, however itdidn't show any lyrics while my frien...
  • DrLecter
  • 18 replies
  • 7 likes
  • lyrics
    Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] new ui randomly loses parts of a selection

After the switch to the new ui I noticed that when I select a bunch of songs at the same time to move them to a different playlist with a mouse drag, the app randomly loses whole chunks of the selection so that only a part of what I wanted to add to ...

• Visitor
  • After the switch to the new ui I noticed that when I select a bunch of songs at the same time to move them to a different playlist with a mouse drag, the app randomly loses whole chunks of the select...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Copy Song Name On Windows 10 Client

Hey there, Sometimes I want to google a song's name to find out more about the song. Sure you can just type it out, but it is not always possible on foreign languages. The only alternative is copy song URL to open it on a web page, then inspect page ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   Sometimes I want to google a song's name to find out more about the song. Sure you can just type it out, but it is not always possible on foreign languages. The only alternative i...
  • Mister_X
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] duplication on collaborative playlist

On collaborative playlist there is no verification of duplicate songs, so two different people can add the same one, which will double

• Visitor
  • On collaborative playlist there is no verification of duplicate songs, so two different people can add the same one, which will double
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes