emilio_cr
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

I have spotify premium and i use it on 3 devices: on my desktop, on my laptop and on my Android phone and also in the web player. Since one month i can't listen any song on spotify but only in my desktop version. I can search anything but the songs won't start and the playlists look empty (also the spotify playlist).

I tried to reinstall spotify from the microsoft store and from spotify site but it still doens't work. I checked the firewall and it's ok and I checked my account and my email addres.

I don't know what I have to do now 

Here is an example. This is a spotify playlist and on the bottom I tried to start a song but nothing happensspot.png

Thank you for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: All playlist are empty only on desktop

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @emilio_cr, help's arrived.

Try these steps and see if anything changes:

• Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  • go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  • Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  • When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  • Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  • If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  • Save your changes and restart Spotify.

If that doesn't work, try another reinstall with these steps, and let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Solution!

Re: All playlist are empty only on desktop

Jemi
Spotify Legend

Hey @emilio_cr, help's arrived.

Try these steps and see if anything changes:

• Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  • go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  • Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  • When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  • Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  • If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  • Save your changes and restart Spotify.

If that doesn't work, try another reinstall with these steps, and let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS