Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All playlist are empty only on desktop

Solved!

All playlist are empty only on desktop

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

I have spotify premium and i use it on 3 devices: on my desktop, on my laptop and on my Android phone and also in the web player. Since one month i can't listen any song on spotify but only in my desktop version. I can search anything but the songs won't start and the playlists look empty (also the spotify playlist).

I tried to reinstall spotify from the microsoft store and from spotify site but it still doens't work. I checked the firewall and it's ok and I checked my account and my email addres.

I don't know what I have to do now 

Here is an example. This is a spotify playlist and on the bottom I tried to start a song but nothing happensspot.png

Thank you for your time

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @emilio_cr, help's arrived.

Try these steps and see if anything changes:

• Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  • go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  • Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  • When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  • Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  • If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  • Save your changes and restart Spotify.

If that doesn't work, try another reinstall with these steps, and let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @emilio_cr, help's arrived.

Try these steps and see if anything changes:

• Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  • go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  • Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  • When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  • Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  • If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  • Save your changes and restart Spotify.

If that doesn't work, try another reinstall with these steps, and let us know how it goes.

i'm still having the problem...
on my app playlist are ok, but on web (chrome) all playlist are empty

Hey @okokpeople,

Thanks for your reply and welcome 🙂

Just to confirm, is this just happening on the web player? Do you notice if this is happening on the desktop app as well or on a different device? 

We can confirm the right team is aware of this behavior. They're currently looking into it in this thread, so we recommend having a look at it and providing us there with the info we'll need to report it. You can find important info in the pin message at the top of the thread as well.

Keep us in the loop there!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts