Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music files not appearing in local files folder

Music files not appearing in local files folder

Plan

Free

Country

America

Device

Desktop Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

I'm trying to upload some music files to spotify from the family computer. I put all of the songs I want to upload in a folder labeled [My Name]'s Music to be sure I was getting the right one. But even though I selected the folder with my music in it, the ones that appear in the Local Files playlist are some of my dad's work audio files. I don't even know which part of the files those are in, since the folder I made is the only one in the music section. I've tried making my folder the only source for spotify to pull from, but If I do that then the Local Files playlist tells me to "Add a source or turn off local files in Settings" What am I doing wrong?

problem.PNG
problem2.PNG
1 Reply

Hey there @omshumaker

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you followed these specific steps?

If so and they still don't appear in the app, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Set the app to Offline Mode by clicking on the three dots menu in the upper left corner > Spotify > Offline Mode and restart the app.
  • Now turn it back off and restart once again. This will force a resync of your library.

After the resync is complete, your local files should appear in a folder in Your Library.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts