Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dislike option is missing in Discover Weekly, Daily Mix, Release Radar

Dislike option is missing in Discover Weekly, Daily Mix, Release Radar

Plan: Free

Device: Windows Chrome Browser

The dislike option is missing. See image below.

spotify.png

Probably similar to this problem that was supposedly fixed, but isn't for me:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Remove-Dislike-song-option-missing-for-Relea...

Curiously, the button shows up the first time I start a Discover Weekly or Release Radar playlist. But after I click the dislike button once, the dislike button disappears for the next song and all subsequent songs (even when skipping). But... when I refresh the whole browser page, the dislike button appears again. This odd behavior doesn't happen in the Daily Mix playlists - the dislike button is never shown for those, no matter what I do.

3 Replies

Hey @Brian-L,

Could you let us know if this behaviour exists only when using the Web Player?
We'd also like you to check if the Web Player behaves in the same way when opened via an incognito browser window.
We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried in the Ubuntu (Linux) Spotify client, and the 'Dislike' button is there. It appears the problem is only with the web client? I haven't tried the Mac or Windows client.

Hey @Brian-L,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

In this case, would you mind checking if opening the Web Player in a different browser makes any difference? If not, let us know the web browsers you've tried so far.

Also, we'd recommend clearing any entries which contain Spotify from the host files on your computer. You can follow the instructions in this post.

Lastly, in order to avoid repeating steps that you may have tried before, could you send us the troubleshooting you've done so far?

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts