My Question or Issue
All of my features in spotify simply stop working, I can not search for songs or even listen to the radio, my friends feed does not load, all other options (artists, videos, podcasts) are not working except the playlist option which is the only functional in the application
Solved! Go to Solution.
That's pretty weird! However don't worry, let's try this 🙂
I recommend checking your hosts file for any entries containing spotify or fastly.
1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
0.0.0.0 website.com 127.0.0.1 website2.com
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.
You can also try removing all lines to see what happens.
Another thing that might help is restarting the router. It could be just a bad network congestion. 🙂
Let me know how it goes!