Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Searching for a song on all playlists.

Solved!

Searching for a song on all playlists.

Hello,
For some time I had a problem with spotify. I listen to all kind of music and sometimes I am not sure if the track I am listening to is on one of my playlist. Of course I can Ctrl+F all of them but it's a hassle so I was thinking is there a better way to do that?
Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks,

I will post this function in idea exchange as you suggested.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

In Spotify, when you try to add a song that is already added to a playlist, you'll receive a pop-up message about it, so you don't have the same song twice in a playlist. However, if the song is from a different album or if it is a cover, it will have a different code (metadata) and the app will not recognize if it's the same one or not. For example if you have in your playlist the song Billie Jean by Michael Jackson, but you try to add Billie Jean - Live (which is a cover), the app will let you add the song to the same playlist since it has a different code.

In this case, we'd recommend posting your idea in our Idea Exchange board to be voted on and reach the relevant teams, taking into account our guidelines to avoid any rejection.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Thanks,

I will post this function in idea exchange as you suggested.

Suggested posts