Plan

Free

Country

Spain

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify pauses every 30 seconds. I have uninstalled the program, deleted cookies, installed again, and nothing works. This is the second time it happens. First time I solved it changing from downloading spoty from windows store to spotify´s web. But now nothing solves the problem. It is very annoying. 

4 Replies

Hi there @Takati,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. Sorry to see that you've been having playback issues. You've done a great job with the troubleshooting so far!

Another step that can help is to remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click > Open as Administrator)
  2. Go to File > Open, and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose All Files instead of Text Documents next to the File Name box
    1. You'll see a handful of files, pick hosts and click Open.
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
    1. Examples may look like 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try a different internet connection to see if it makes any difference?

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thank you for your reply. 

Finally, I returned to download Spotify from Windows store and it´s working fine. Previously I downloaded from Spotify´s website and the problem persisted.

I will keep your indications in case the problem reappears in the future. 

Thank you very much.

Hi again @Takati,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're super glad to see that it got solved for you and that it works as it should 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello again.

I´m afraid the problem has returned today spontaneously and this time nothing solves the problem. I tried the solutions you gave me above, but i have no spotify address at all. The spotify web player also pauses every 30 sec. I am so disappointed because I cannot use Spotify at all. 😭

Help!!

Thanks

Suggested posts