Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Log4j Security Vulnerabilities

Hello, Are there any log4j security vulnerabilities in Spotify or an official statement from them. I would be keen to know ASAP. Kind Regards, Me

• Hello,   Are there any log4j security vulnerabilities in Spotify or an official statement from them. I would be keen to know ASAP.   Kind Regards,   Me
  • Yulliah
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • log4j
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution One Windows PC does not want to sync with other devices

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSong playback syncs between all my devices rather well, among my phone, Macbook, Dell laptop... but not my Dell Desktop with the Spotify app. For this ...

sadastronaut_0-1643987068566.png
  • Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Song playback syncs between all my devices rather well, among my phone, Mac...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Win10] Blank Screen On Start-up after Windows Reinstall

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceASUS LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHave been using Spotify desktop app for quite a while with no issue. Recently, I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop for better performance. After re...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device ASUS Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Have been using Spotify desktop app for quite a while with no issue. Recently,...
  • bainesliu
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • black screen
    blank screen
    Window
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Block Joe Rogan Podcast

PlanPremium CountryAll DeviceAll Operating SystemAll My Question or IssueJoe Rogan is not for me, and I can't get his podcasts Off of my recommendations. Not interested. Never will be. The fact that Spotify thinks "Oh This is PERFECT For YOU!" consta...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country All   Device All   Operating System All   My Question or Issue Joe Rogan is not for me, and I can't get his podcasts Off of my recommendations....
  • roummel
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 41 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify playlists not loading

Plan:Premium Operating System:Windows 10 My Question or Issue:None of my spotify palylists will load, I have tried closing the program and reopening, I have also tried running the program as administrator but that also does not resolve the issue. Whe...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium   Operating System: Windows 10   My Question or Issue: None of my spotify palylists will load, I have tried closing the program and reopening, I have also tried running...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with searching podcasts

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.I have encountered a problem, when...

Noguri_0-1643625721750.png
  • Roadie
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Wind...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Black Screen for Spotify Win 10 App

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify app in Win 10 has black screen issue for over 3 months. I tried every methods (listed below). None of it works. I'm really sick of the flawed design of the app.- Uninstalled...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify app in Win 10 has black screen issue for over 3 months. I tried every methods (listed below). None of...
  • yjchyan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Emojis No Longer In Color

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSomewhere between version 1.1.74 and 1.1.76 the emojis became black and white. I have 2 Windows 10 machines with each version and can see the difference. The PC still shows c...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Somewhere between version 1.1.74 and 1.1.76 the emojis became black and white.  I hav...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution the app desktop is block with the adblock

PlanFreeCountryFranceDeviceHP Laptop Operating SystemWindows 10 21h2 OS:19044.1466 My Question or IssueWhy the ad is displayed to the middle in the app desktop and Who block the app by the preventing the ad close. When there are the feature for preve...

1644149672564.jpg
  • Composer
  • Plan Free Country France Device HP Laptop  Operating System Windows 10 21h2 OS:19044.1466   My Question or Issue Why the ad is displayed to the middle in the app desktop and Who b...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • adblock
    Desktop
    music
    navigate
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Error Code: 18

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceOmen 15Operating SystemWindows 10 My IssueHello, I've been having this error recently and it is so annoying. I tried to reinstall Spotify from my computer because it was having a problem, however, when I try to reinstall...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device Omen 15 Operating System Windows 10   My Issue Hello, I've been having this error recently and it is so annoying. I tried to reinstall Spotify from m...
  • bebahan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error code 18
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows Spotify Quality decreases minimized or in background

Hi all, I'm experiencing a drop in sound quality when the Spotify window is not the one I am actively using--that is, if it is minimized or if I am working in another window (Windows 10, plenty of resources available on task mgr). I tried to disable ...

• Hi all,   I'm experiencing a drop in sound quality when the Spotify window is not the one I am actively using--that is, if it is minimized or if I am working in another window (Windows 10, ple...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify web/desktop player won't load but it does reproduce music

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceWeb Player (all browsers) and Windows Desktop Player My Question or IssueFrom today Spotify desktop and web player won't load, but I can log in. I try to reproduce from my phone by sync and surprisingly web does repro...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Web Player (all browsers) and Windows Desktop Player   My Question or Issue From today Spotify desktop and web player won't load, but I can ...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    facebok login
    Web player issue
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't clear my entire play queue with one click.

Dear Spotify developers: From reading https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Clear-play-queue/idi-p/11243, I assumed (particularly as a Premium subscriber) that I would be able to clear my entire play queue with one click. However, this c...

no 'Clear Queue' button.png
  • Dear Spotify developers:     From reading https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Clear-play-queue/idi-p/11243, I assumed (particularly as a Premium subscriber) that I ...
  • lionbreath
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bring back the "Add to Queue" Button!

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMSI DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have always used the add to queue option in the right click menu, and when I checked today, the button was not in the Windows desktop version. The button is not, h...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device MSI Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have always used the add to queue option in the right click menu, and when I checked to...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Random songs are grayed out in web player

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUsing the web player in the Brave Browser (also tried in Firefox) and noticed that some songs are randomly grayed out. I am unable to play them if I try. ...

sadastronaut_0-1643229302846.png
  • Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Using the web player in the Brave Browser (also tried in Firefox) and noticed ...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Black screen after installation for Windows Traditional Chinese (Taiwanese) users

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwanDeviceMicrosoft Store Windows 10 / Binary installer form Official site . Operating SystemWindows 10 20H2 My Question or IssueUsers that using Windows 10 in Traditional Chinese (Taiwanese) will see a black screen after installa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Taiwan Device Microsoft Store Windows 10 / Binary installer form Official site .   Operating System Windows 10 20H2     My Question or Issue Users that...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution unable to block a song

For a few weeks now, everytime an albums I play finishes a song starts playing that i hate. I spoke to spotify support about this, and they confirmed that there is actually no way to block a song. Even though I am a paying user, I have no way to prev...

• Visitor
  • For a few weeks now, everytime an albums I play finishes a song starts playing that i hate. I spoke to spotify support about this, and they confirmed that there is actually no way to block a song. Ev...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution arkadaşlarımın dinleme aktivitesi görünmüyor

Merhaba, windows 8 laptob üzerinen spotify kullanıyorum. Arkadaş dinleme aktivitesi görünmüyor, arkadaşım açık olduğunu söylüyor ama göremiyorum.Ne yapabilirim?Premıum hesap kullanıyorum.

• Visitor
  • Merhaba, windows 8 laptob üzerinen spotify kullanıyorum. Arkadaş dinleme aktivitesi görünmüyor, arkadaşım açık olduğunu söylüyor ama göremiyorum. Ne yapabilirim? Premıum hesap kullanıyorum.
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • dinlemeaktitesi
    sorun
    Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play music on desktop

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe desktop app doesn't work anymore for me. Whenever I try to play a song, it just says "Spotify can't play this right now". It works fine to use the webplayer, and they ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The desktop app doesn't work anymore for me. Whenever I try to play a song, it just says "Spoti...
  • AnideX
  • 19 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Duo Plan with Alexa - PC - Android and Apple Phones

PlanDuo CountryUS DeviceWindows desktops, Iphone, Samsung Galaxy and an Alexa. Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) I added my husband to Spotify with a Duo account. I typically control Spotify through my laptop and play on Alexa. ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Duo  Country US  Device Windows desktops, Iphone, Samsung Galaxy and an Alexa.  Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   I added my husband to...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes