Premium

Country

UK

Device

Windows Lenovo laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify Desktop, the installed software, not the Windows Stores one. All music would peak and distort if it's louder, and I already have the audio quality set to "Very High", turned off hardware acceleration, auto adjust quality, and normalize volume. If I access Spotify on web version, it sounds perfect and has great quality so I don't think it is Windows' settings problem, but I have also checked just in case and everything is on highest quality settings.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found the problem, it was the in-app Equalizer lol. I had it set to "Pop", and once I set it back to "Flat" the audio quality was great again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I found the problem, it was the in-app Equalizer lol. I had it set to "Pop", and once I set it back to "Flat" the audio quality was great again.

Hey @starrifyx,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and sorry for the late response as we just came across this thread.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. Hopefully, this tip will fix the issue for other users too.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts