Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Spotify runs on all my android devices and on the PC's web player just fine, but almost all songs in the app don't respond at all. The only thing that indicates they even try to play is that if I manage to find one that will play, clicking on another will stop it and turn the scrubbing menu dark grey with a "click to play" button in the middle. No song info pops up on the bottom left though. The songs that choose to play have no real connection to each other. They aren't in local files or in the cache.

So far I've restarted the computer, checked both public and private on the firewall setting, and reinstalled the app completely. 

The app has worked on this computer before, so this problem is pretty out of the blue. Don't recall any changes I made that might have caused it to break.

1 Reply

Hey there @boolsz

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

We understand you've already tried reinstalling the app. However, we'd like to suggest a clean reinstall in case you haven't performed it yet. This can help remove any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send a video or a screen recording where we can take a better look at this behavior? You can send a link to it (with the relevant sharing permissions) or upload it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts