Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect to Device never shows right devices. Only TVs in other rooms.

Connect to Device never shows right devices. Only TVs in other rooms.

I have been trying for a long time to use Spotify PC client as my main music source.   I have two Google Nest Audios in stereo in my office.   Every time I try to stream to them (Connect to device) the devices listed are all TV and NVIDIA Shields elsewhere in my house.   Not only that, but each of the TVs and Shields have two entries (Google Cast and Spotify Connect).  But my Nest speakers never show up, nor does the Nest Hub Max screen that are literally feet from my PC.  

I am on the same Wi-Fi as the speakers.   Google Wi-Fi hardware in the same office.

My phone Spotify *sometimes* shows the speakers, and sometimes not.   It will show my patio Nest Audio almost all the time, but not the ones I need.

How do you adjust this list of devices?   Almost all of the devices it gives me an option to cast to, I will never want to cast to from my PC.  I won't disable the other devices, because they are used when I'm not in my office on the PC.

1 Reply

Hey there @chillylamb,

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your PC to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you unlink and then re-link your Spotify account with your Google account by following these steps.

Lastly, we'd recommend trying again with a different internet connection to check if that makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts