Free

Country

USA

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I created a new playlist and added a bunch of songs. The thing is, for some reason, this playlist does not let me move around songs (I can't drag and drop anything). However, my other playlists work fine. This is literally the only playlist that has this issue and I have no clue why. I tried all the solutions that people had with editing playlists in general. When I edit the playlist on my phone, it works just fine but on my laptop, ONLY this playlist does not allow me to edit. I didn't want to simply duplicate it because some friends followed it and I didn't want to cause them a hassle. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @SpeMul20

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Please make sure that none of the sorting columns like title, artist, album or date are activated. It's indicated by a green V symbol next to it. If it's on, you won't be able to manually change the song order. 

To see them all you might need to hide friend activity

I hope it helps! 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @SpeMul20

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Please make sure that none of the sorting columns like title, artist, album or date are activated. It's indicated by a green V symbol next to it. If it's on, you won't be able to manually change the song order. 

To see them all you might need to hide friend activity

I hope it helps! 

Hello, I am having similar situation here.. I dont have any sorting system ON.. and I also Reinstalled the latest version of Spotify, still no change. Please do help 😄

Hey there @JKandpal

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this is happening across devices or only on a specific one? Also, we'd like to know if this is happening with all your playlists.

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your device to check if the same happens with a different account?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Spotify,

I'm having trouble removing and adding songs to one of my playlist, I've already tried on my andriod, ios, and windows devices and no luck. When I'm in my playlist I can not remove any and when I'm listening to another playlist and I click add to playlists my other lists populate as options to add but not my specific playlist I'm having troubles with. 

Hi @kqo5gplen8jxm7rm6s9s!

Do you mind sharing the playlist in question? Make sure it was created by you and not by someone else, for example Spotify.

A short screen recording which shows the app's behavior would also be greatly appreciated. That way we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I'm having similar issues with ALL of my playlists. I cannot move songs around. I have many playlists as I make them for each year of new releases and try to arrange them a certain way. But, this has been an issue I've been experiencing for near 2 months now. This also happened earlier in the year as well, but seemed to fix itself quickly? I would love some help 🙂

Hey @alexday1986-us,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

On the desktop app, you have the option to drag and drop the playlists to change its order. Also, you can rearrange the songs within the playlist to give them a customized order using the same drag and drop. However, if it's not working on your end, it could be related to some damaged cache stored on your device.

In case you haven't done it yet, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble moving the songs around.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking in the Web Player to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Oscar,

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the application on my laptop and unfortunately the problem still persists via the app. But, when I tried it through the Web Player, I was able to move one song at a time with ease. I couldn't select a group of songs to move, but at least it was some progress with the one song at a time. So, unfortunately the problem still exists.

Hey @alexday1986-us,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening on your laptop or on your phone too?

On another note, could you let us know what exactly happens when you're trying to move your songs in your playlists? Also, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your laptop to check if the same happens with a different account?

Lastly, sending us the the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello Eni,

It's happening just on my laptop. What happens is I will select a group of songs (usually a whole album) and try to drag it up into a certain position within the playlist I've created. But, instead of it dragging and scrolling up, my song selections do nothing. They move up about 13 spots and then stop and move no further. I live alone so I can't exactly ask anyone at the moment to log in via my laptop.

I'm using a Dell laptop. I'm not sure of the model. And the operating system is a CORE i7 vPro, 8th Gen. And the Spotify version I'm using is whatever your latest version that can be downloaded via your website.

Actually. I provided the processor instead of the operating system by accident (I'm not super tech savy, sorry). It's Windows 10

Hey @alexday1986-us,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared 🙂

It looks like what you're describing is this inconvenience. We reported this to our tech folks; rest assured this is being investigated. In the meantime, we suggest you try the workaround suggested in the Status. Feel free to add your vote. You can also Subscribe to it in the three-dot menu, that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts