Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution HORRIBLE new UI re selecting tracks and layout - Apr 2021

DeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThe new desktop UI experience is very degraded. I often multi-select tracks to copy or move to another playlist. In prior version, the tracks stayed selected so I could do more actions on ...

• Regular
  •     Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue The new desktop UI experience is very degraded.  I often multi-select tracks to copy or move to another p...
  • EvC
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Does Spotify support the ability to have 3rd party UIs and are there any out there?

Does the Spotify API support any ability to log in from a third party app and search/play music. I recently moved from Google Music, but am now actively looking to switch away from Spotify because of its terrible UI.I understand this is purely subjec...

• Casual Listener
  • Does the Spotify API support any ability to log in from a third party app and search/play music. I recently moved from Google Music, but am now actively looking to switch away from Spotify because of...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Not all my playlists are visible on my android device

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands Samsung Galaxy s10 plus Operating System(Android (newest version)My Question or IssueI recently updated the spotify app true the official play store, and now I am not seeing all my playlists on my android device. I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands  Samsung Galaxy s10 plus  Operating System (Android (newest version) My Question or Issue I recently updated the spotify app true the official play ...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Following" Disappeared

I no longer am able to access/see the 3,000+ artists/users I'm following. On Mac, "Following" is gone entirely. On iOS, when I click on "Following" in my user profile, I get "Something went wrong" error message. PremiumUSMac & iOS app

• Gig Goer
  • I no longer am able to access/see the 3,000+ artists/users I'm following.  On Mac, "Following" is gone entirely.  On iOS, when I click on "Following" in my user profile, I get "Something we...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

R.I.P old interface

Desktop now removes ui.experience_override="classic" if you add it to the prefs file. Seems we are stuck with this awful UI and no recognition from Spotify of the overwhelming amount of complaints raised against it. Time to look at what the competiti...

• Casual Listener
  • Desktop now removes ui.experience_override="classic" if you add it to the prefs file. Seems we are stuck with this awful UI and no recognition from Spotify of the overwhelming amount of complain...
  • sebasmart
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution artist discography/playlists gone?

My Question or IssueI noticed that now when you search an artist the results show as album covers that you have to choose. Once you do that you get the track listing. Whereas before, when you selected the artist, it lists all albums in order that you...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue I noticed that now when you search an artist the results show as album covers that you have to choose. Once you do that you get the track listing. Whereas before, when you selec...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Error 34 after Offline

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceDell Inspiron Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSeemingly for no reason, the Spotify program on Windows 10 was saying OFFLINE which was wrong as everything else was working normally on my computer. My intern...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Dell Inspiron  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Seemingly for no reason, the Spotify program on Windows 10 was saying OFFLINE ...
  • rgmagritte
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error34
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Nothing happens when I press play

New to Spotify, and using the Web Player (I'm on my work desktop computer, and I can't download apps). When I click a playlist to play, there is no music - clicking play does absolutely nothing. I've tried clearing cache/cookies, and no change. Any i...

• New to Spotify, and using the Web Player (I'm on my work desktop computer, and I can't download apps). When I click a playlist to play, there is no music - clicking play does absolutely nothing....
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution pc app does NOT forget the playlists i had deleted months ago

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDevicehp laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueas the title says, the playlists I deleted months before are again appearing on my pc Spotify for I don't know what reason and no, I have not ever tried to restore them...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country India Device hp laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue as the title says, the playlists I deleted months before are again appearing on my pc Spotif...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Home page: Recently played wrong displayed

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDevice(PC - Spotify version 1.1.29.592.gf0779179)Operating System(Windows 10 - latest update March 24, 2020—KB4541335) My Question or IssueAt the Home page of Spotify app, on the first line is displayed "Recently played" fiel...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Romania Device (PC - Spotify version 1.1.29.592.gf0779179) Operating System (Windows 10 - latest update March 24, 2020—KB4541335)   My Question or Issue At the H...
  • jontys34
  • 27 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Your Library] Date song was added to list removed

My laptop app just updated and I can no longer see the date a song was added to my playlist. You can still sort the songs in a list by date added, but the date is not visible and I don't see it as a tab or column you can add in the view. Is there a w...

• Casual Listener
  • My laptop app just updated and I can no longer see the date a song was added to my playlist. You can still sort the songs in a list by date added, but the date is not visible and I don't see it as a ...
  • Novy
  • 8 replies
  • 23 likes
  • Desktop
    Your Library
  • 8 replies
  • 23 likes

Are the previous features back ?

Hey everyone ! I found a way to prevent Spotify from auto-updating (which I won't share here as the devs are lurking these forums to see if we dare not love their new half-broken beta version, then push some updates just to force it even more on us),...

• Roadie
  • Hey everyone !   I found a way to prevent Spotify from auto-updating (which I won't share here as the devs are lurking these forums to see if we dare not love their new half-broken beta versio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify unresponsive and FREEZES OTHER APPS

Device3700x, 32GB RAM, 5700XTOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have noticed that on my device, the Spotify application (not the one from Windows store) freezes often when it's not used. This has the side effect of freezing other app...

• Regular
  • Device 3700x, 32GB RAM, 5700XT Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have noticed that on my device, the Spotify application (not the one from Windows store) freezes ofte...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Freezing
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Blend doesn't show Playlist cover

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Laptop np530u4b, and a Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 (Samsung Laptop), and Windows 7 (Desktop PC) My Question or Issue I've been having problems with this new spotify blend feature, because it doesn't ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Samsung Laptop np530u4b, and a Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 (Samsung Laptop), and Windows 7 (Desktop PC)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist Cover
    Spotify Blend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No internet connection (error code 4) but can still play music

Premium plan in US on Dell laptop running Windows 10. Starting a couple days ago, Spotify starts but says offline. I can't load any artist or album pages, but can (for example) go to a recently played artist station and play music even though everyth...

• Premium plan in US on Dell laptop running Windows 10. Starting a couple days ago, Spotify starts but says offline. I can't load any artist or album pages, but can (for example) go to a recently playe...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Annoying cracking noise on every song!

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceDesktop (1060 3GB, i5 6400, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit)Operating SystemWindows 10 home 1809 My Question or IssueEvery song i listen to has some wierd cracking sounds every 5-10 seconds. I've tried to download from website and micr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device Desktop (1060 3GB, i5 6400, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit) Operating System Windows 10 home 1809   My Question or Issue Every song i listen to has some wierd crac...
  • Novy
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Couple ideas about the new ID

It sucks. I have a dream. I dream about a UI that is useful, well-arranged, don't require endless mouse scrolling, has search bar always ready, shows songs inside the albums without the need to click through them one by one... should I continue? Just...

• Visitor
  • It sucks.   I have a dream. I dream about a UI that is useful, well-arranged, don't require endless mouse scrolling, has search bar always ready, shows songs inside the albums without the ne...
  • djandy14
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't see New followers

PlanPremium, Windows 10 Desktop My Question or IssueAs i'm getting new followers daily i'm curious who follows me and if they have interesting playlists. It seems i can't view the new followers anymore since i passed the 3k followers. Is there a limi...

• Community Legend
  • Plan Premium, Windows 10 Desktop   My Question or Issue As i'm getting new followers daily i'm curious who follows me and if they have interesting playlists. It seems i can't view the new fo...
  • Jazzwhatever
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Delete button (Dutch)

I couldn't find any bug forum, so here I am. I don't know if this is the correct place for this bug. When deleting some songs from my playlist in the spotify app, on Windows 10. I noticed that the "Delete" option doesn't fit in the pop-up box, in the...

Zeisman_0-1622744558807.png
  • Visitor
  • I couldn't find any bug forum, so here I am. I don't know if this is the correct place for this bug.   When deleting some songs from my playlist in the spotify app, on Windows 10. I noticed th...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Scrolling through library sidebar causes UI glitch with menu width

OS: Windows 10, Linux I'm really surprised that nobody else has posted this bug. I've been experiencing it across multiple desktop-based installs for at least a couple years. The problem is concerning the left-most menu section, where all the playlis...

• Roadie
  • OS: Windows 10, Linux   I'm really surprised that nobody else has posted this bug. I've been experiencing it across multiple desktop-based installs for at least a couple years.   The pr...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes