Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files not syncing on mobile devices

Local files not syncing on mobile devices

Hello,

Having issues viewing local songs on my iPhone 11. The songs display and play just fine on my pc ( Windows 10 ) but won't show on any playlists on my mobile device.

I tried deleting my mobile app and re downloading the app but that just deleted my previous downloaded songs. Also noticed that if I now play a song on one device the other does not act like a remote like it once did. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Mobile device - iPhone 11

PC - Windows 10

Membership - Premium

- Made sure both devices on same network

- Deleted and re downloaded programs on both devices didn't work

- Settings on iPhone are enabled

- All downloaded songs play just fine on PC

2 Replies

Update -
My computer won't recognize my iPhone as a device to play music on but still updates playlists on my PC through changes made on my iPhone.

Hi there @RuinedSean,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. You've done a real good job with the troubleshooting so far!

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

On another note, can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists?

Another useful step is to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply,

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts