Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Keyboard media keys

PlanPremiumCountry Netherlands Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue The media keys on my Corsair K95 RGB Platinum don't work with Spotify when the app is not in focus. A Google search for a solution to this problem tells me to do something...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Netherlands   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   The media keys on my Corsair K95 RGB Platinum don't work with Spotify when the a...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution cant see following activity but instead ''connect to facebook''

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDevicedesktopOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't see my friend activity tab on spotify!now before you say to just go to my settings and click ''see what your friends are playing'' it doesn't work. I...

188.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device desktop Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't see my friend activity tab on spotify! now before you say to just go to ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Convert Spotify LDB File to Playlist

Hey everyone. is there a way to Convert a Playlist file from Spotify (LDB FILE) to a TXT file or convert it directly to a New Spotify Account?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone. is there a way to Convert a Playlist file from Spotify (LDB FILE) to a TXT file or convert it directly to a New Spotify Account?
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Desktop lagging heavily in online mode but not offline

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceAsus G15Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI got home from school and I wanted to listen to music only to discover that the Spotify application was lagging beyond all belief. I had used the application...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Asus G15 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I got home from school and I wanted to listen to music only to discover that the S...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Lag
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution facebook login vs windows app

i don't have facebook account and how i can remove right panel "login to facebook" from windows app?

• Visitor
  • i don't have facebook account and how i can remove right panel "login to facebook" from windows app?
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is the new Spotify Update still rolling out?

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10, Website Download (not from microsoft store) My Question or IssueThe new Spotify update for desktop started rolling out almost a month ago and even after uninstalling/reinstalling, i have ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10, Website Download (not from microsoft store)   My Question or Issue The new Spotify update for desktop started roll...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Update
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there a way to save a Playlist file out of the Files which inclueds all my Music?

Hey guys,I was part of a Spotify Family plan for over 3 years, now i have lost access to that account and with it i lost all my Playlists which is Frustrating.. i already made a New Spotify Account and bought premium and was searching for my Old Prof...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ccount and bought premium and was searching for my Old Profil and was Hoping my Playlists where public.. well they where not.. Now my thoughts are that i still have the downloaded Media files and P...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Home: Couldn't find that page. Oooops something went wrong. No content.

This started happening after the last update simultaneously on both Mac and PC. Android app is still fine.PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceMacBook Pro and Desktop PCOperating SystemOSX Mojava and Windows 10 My Question or IssueThe "Home" page of Spotify says "...

• Music Fan
  • This started happening after the last update simultaneously on both Mac and PC. Android app is still fine. Plan Free Country UK Device MacBook Pro and Desktop PC Operating System OSX Mojava a...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently added songs at the top??

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWith the new update there is an option to sort by 'date added', but this puts the playlist go...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue With th...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Missing album name in author's Popular tracklist

PlanPremium FamilyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe album name is now missing in the author's Popular tracklist. Please upvote a Feature requesthttps://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Browse-Display-album-na...

nimareq_1-1618584876309.png
  • Roadie
  • Plan Premium Family Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The album name is now missing in the author's Popular tracklist.     Please upvote a Fea...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • feature missing
    regression
    UI
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Any fullscreen application, causes Spotify stop/skip songs

PlanFree/PremiumCountryRussiaDeviceGL63 8RCSWindows 10, 64 Same as https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-just-stops-playing/m-p/4659763Spotify application stops songs or sometimes randomly skips a lot of them (Don't really know how...

unnamed.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Russia Device GL63 8RCS Windows 10, 64   Same as https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-just-stops-playing/m-p/4659763 Spotify applicati...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New Releases Takes like 10 clicks to get to

My Question or IssueWhy make music more inaccessible? 

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue Why make music more inaccessible? 
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search engine very faulty after upate

PlanPremiumCountryBoliviaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen you search by song name, many songs titled like that don't show up in the top of the result list. For example, for the search term "sed de amor", first 2 results are...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Bolivia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When you search by song name, many songs titled like that don't show up in the top of the resu...
  • Novy
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Right click menu on Playlists is cut off

 Windows 101.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a Hi,as you can see, when right clicking a playlist at the bottom of the list, the menu just gets cut off, at the bottom border of the Spotify window. I feel like, this menu should extend over the border of the window.

Screenshot 2021-04-13 205433.png
  • Regular
  •   Windows 10 1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a       Hi, as you can see, when right clicking a playlist at the bottom of the list, the menu just gets cut off, at the bottom border of the S...
  • hiasiboy
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify is very slow

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceThis problem occurs on a PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify is very slow. It takes a very long time in order for Spotify to be opened. Yesterday, I opened Spotify directly after my PC was o...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device This problem occurs on a PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify is very slow. It takes a very long time in or...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Didn't get the new Update?

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo as I already mentioned I didn't get the Update.My friend got it, and when I googled it I only found posts from 2014 and 2018, I couldn't install a update, rest...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So as I already mentioned I didn't get the Update. My friend got it, and when I...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] After the update Friend Activity disappered

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop 1.1.56....Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi Team, since the new upgrade, from 1.1.55 onwards, just after a clean install, the Friend Activity tab is completely gone, and the Settings are complete...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop  1.1.56.... Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi Team, since the new upgrade, from 1.1.55 onwards, just after a clea...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there a simple way to prevent a song from ever playing?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Operating SystemiOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or IssueWhether I'm listening to some electronic playlist, some electronic artist's radio, it never fails that Jon Hopkins - Immunity will eventually play. I swear it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Operating System iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whether I'm listening to some electronic playlist, some electronic artist's...
  • Xenia
  • 22 replies
  • 70 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 70 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't select multiple items in queue when using Connect

Shift+click to select multiple items in the queue works fine when just using the dekstop app.However when streaming to Connect it suddently stops working. Spotify Version 1.1.56.595

• Regular
  • Shift+click to select multiple items in the queue works fine when just using the dekstop app. However when streaming to Connect it suddently stops working.   Spotify Version 1.1.56.595
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution A couple of things on the new update

PlanPremiumCountryuk Devicehp laptop Operating windows 10 My Question or IssueA few things that need fixing....... In full screen mode, countdown timer on the right does not count down. Remains staticAlso in full screen mode, only first artist is sho...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country uk   Device hp laptop      Operating  windows 10   My Question or Issue A few things that need fixing.......   In full screen mo...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes