Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Recommended songs at the bottom of a playlist

Everytime I try to use the recommended songs at the bottom of playlists to try to find new songs, it just shows songs that are already on my playlist. I want to find new songs to listen to, not listen to the songs I already have on there.

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I try to use the recommended songs at the bottom of playlists to try to find new songs, it just shows songs that are already on my playlist. I want to find new songs to listen to, not liste...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download an albume

hi guys, I wonder that can we download an albume on windows desktop to listen offline? I can download just playlists. Thanks for help

• Casual Listener
  • hi guys, I wonder that can we download an albume on windows desktop to listen offline? I can download just playlists. Thanks  for help
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Edits to playlists not registering properly since update

Operating SystemWindows 10 Ever since the recent update on the Desktop App there's been this constant bug where changes made to playlists across different platforms will not register properly on the Desktop App. For example I will re-order a bunch of...

SpotifyDesktopAppBug.gif
  • Regular
  • Operating System Windows 10   Ever since the recent update on the Desktop App there's been this constant bug where changes made to playlists across different platforms will not register prope...
  • jezzabells
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • bug report
    Bug Windows
    Cross-Platform Issue
    Desktop
    Desktop (Windows)
    Playlist issues
    update bug
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Permanent fix to "the spotify application is not responding"?

I've been having the same problem outlined in this post. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/the-Spotify-application-is-not-responding/td-p/1051125#:~:text=Re%3A%20the%20Spotify%20application%20is%20not%20responding,-Mark%20as%20New&text...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having the same problem outlined in this post.    https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/the-Spotify-application-is-not-responding/td-p/1051125#:~:text=Re%3A%20the%20S...
  • Novy
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Keyboard search

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceAll PC's, laptops & Macs.Operating SystemWindows Vista/7/8/10. MacOS My Question or IssueSo, the reason I use spotify instead of Soundcloud or Youtube or any other application like that is the accessibility, functionalit...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device All PC's, laptops & Macs. Operating System Windows Vista/7/8/10. MacOS   My Question or Issue So, the reason I use spotify instead of Soundcloud ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Yes! Today's update returned old client! (v1.1.57.443)

As of yesterday, both my computers received a new Spotify update to v1.1.57.443 - and the old client is BACK! I'm haven't seen Spotify officially acknowledging this anywhere. Is the change for good? Or is maybe just a delay till the new client has re...

• Regular
  • As of yesterday, both my computers received a new Spotify update to v1.1.57.443 - and the old client is BACK!   I'm haven't seen Spotify officially acknowledging this anywhere. Is the change f...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop Windows
    rollback
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Information about muscians missing

Hi There used to be an 'about' where you can find information about the musician/band. Am I missing something or was that removed?thanksclem

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   There used to be an 'about' where you can find information about the musician/band.  Am I missing something or was that removed? thanks clem
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Homepage/Recently played has been bugged for a long time now.

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueHi, I've been having this issue for a very long time now. Since my account was compromised like 2-3 months ago, my home page won't refresh. My 'Recently played' section ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Hi, I've been having this issue for a very long time now. Since my account was compromised li...
  • Bruno70
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug
    Desktop
    home page bugged
    interface bug
    recently played bug
    recently played bugged
    spotify desktop
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Missing favourite songs in desktop and android app

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIn the spotify web player I've 500+ songs marked as favourite. But when I open my favourite library in the desktop or android app there are just about 30 songs in the lis...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue In the spotify web player I've 500+ songs marked as favourite. But when I open my favourite li...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify UI Reverted

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueToday I upgraded to the premium family plan. Everything works fine but it made the Spotify desktop app revert to the old UI. I tried restarting, re-signing in, uni...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Today I upgraded to the premium family plan. Everything works fine but it made the Spotify des...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists/local/Amazon Echo

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceIphone X Operating SystemiOS 10, Windows 10, My Question or IssueHello, is it possible to play playlists of local files located on my desktop with Amazon Alexa/Echo? It seems that it's not possible? If I want to play an...

05 Spotify ist auf diesem Gerät nicht aktiv.JPG 06 Spotify Alexa Standarddienst.png 07 Spotify Alexa Skill aktiv.png 08 Spotify Alexa Kontoverknüpfung.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Iphone X  Operating System iOS 10,  Windows 10,   My Question or Issue Hello, is it possible to play playlists of local files located on m...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Scroll bar is very broken on a podcast

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWin 10 64 bit My Question or IssueScroll bar on the "Hello Internet" podcast is broken, If you scroll down to the bottom of the page it jumps up and down and bugs out. Gif of the bug. I have replicated...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device Desktop Operating System Win 10 64 bit   My Question or Issue Scroll bar on the "Hello Internet" podcast is broken, If you scroll down to the bot...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution cant receive new design update

i deinstalled and reinstalled spotify for several times but i still dont have the new update. what am i doing wrong?

• Casual Listener
  • i deinstalled and reinstalled spotify for several times but i still dont have the new update. what am i doing wrong?
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Update
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Playlists] Custom Order and Date added removal of order ticker (ascending/descending)

Hey I just noticed on playlists there's no way to change the descending/ascending order in which songs appear in a playlist (specifically my starred playlist). Can we get the date added (oldest to newest) and date added (newest to oldest) feature bac...

• Hey I just noticed on playlists there's no way to change the descending/ascending order in which songs appear in a playlist (specifically my starred playlist). Can we get the date added (oldest to ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Playlists] Move your playlist

Ok, it doesn't seem like much, but all I want is for me to organize my playlists. As in, move the order of my playlists. I want my most listened playlist to be the front of the page and for all my other rarely listened to playlist to be in the back. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok, it doesn't seem like much, but all I want is for me to organize my playlists. As in, move the order of my playlists. I want my most listened playlist to be the front of the page and for all my ot...
  • actualfangirl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hard to locate Downloaded podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryTanzaniaDevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueI downloaded random episodes from Joe Rogan and Conan O'Brien, and my problem now is to locate those episodes. So my problem is to locate those episodes easier rathe...

• Plan Premium Country Tanzania Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I downloaded random episodes from Joe Rogan and Conan O'Brien, and my problem now is to l...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Downloaded Podcasts
    podcast
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10: black screen

I upgraded to Windows 10 recently. When I now use Spotify, I get a black screen after a couple of minutes so that Windows isn't usable anymore. Just the taskbar, the start menu and shortcuts like Ctrl + Alt + Del are working. The black screen does no...

• I upgraded to Windows 10 recently. When I now use Spotify, I get a black screen after a couple of minutes so that Windows isn't usable anymore. Just the taskbar, the start menu and shortcuts like Ctr...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Please bring back the ability to create a playlist by dragging an album into a folder

I use playlists because Spotify allows me to organize playlists into folders.I used to be able to drag an album name into a folder, creating a playlist (with the artist name and album name) within the folder. Now, I need to click on the three dots, c...

• Casual Listener
  • I use playlists because Spotify allows me to organize playlists into folders. I used to be able to drag an album name into a folder, creating a playlist (with the artist name and album name) withi...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No more play Local Files?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI used to be able to play my local files in Spotify so I can have all of my music from Spotify and my computer in one place. Now it's completely gone with this new UI ch...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I used to be able to play my local files in Spotify so I can have all of my music from Spotif...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    local files
    Local files on Windows 10
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes