Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error "Spotify can’t play this right now if you have the file on your computer you can import it."

error "Spotify can’t play this right now if you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Plan

Premium family

Country

Denmark

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I recently had an issue on my win10 desktop.

Every time i tried to play anything, any and all artists, playlists, songs and podcasts of many different sorts i would get the error "Spotify can’t play this right now if you have the file on your computer you can import it."

i could play everything just fine on my smartphone, laptop and webversion.

i followed spotify chat support for 3 hrs, going through various attempts at fixing this error, to which i was redirected to the spotify development team, imma cut this short and say that my error was not fixed.

after some time i thought about trying to install spotify from the spotify website, instead of the microsoft app store that i was encouraged to use by support.

this fixed my issue entirely. i have no problems with spotify whatsoever now that i am using the spotify website version rather than the microsoft app store version.

and since spotify support did not give me this tip, i thought bringing awareness to this fix to the error would be beneficial here.

0 Replies

Suggested posts