Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 21H2

My Question or Issue

Spotify-created playlists are playing songs in a random order. (No, shuffle is not turned on. I checked several times.)

If I turn shuffle on, I can see the songs reordered in the queue. When I turn shuffle off, the queue returns to the random order, never the set order of the playlist.

I found that liking the playlist appears to fix the order of the songs in the queue. But then after playing the first song, the songs play in a random order again. Once again, if I turn on shuffle, the queue is shuffled. But turning off shuffle goes back to the random order.

spot1.jpg
spot2.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there, glad you asked in the community. I see you are having issues with the shuffle function. Here are a few steps to troubleshoot the same.

• Log out, close the Spotify App and Log in again
  • Restart your system and see if it works
  • Perform a clean install of the Spotify Desktop Application*
  • Make sure you are not using any kind of VPN or DNS on your system
  • Update your Spotify Desktop App to the latest version either from the Microsoft Store or from the 3 Dots on the top left -> Help -> About

*Installing the Application again will remove all your offline content. You will need to download them again. For more details about a clean install, visit this guide. For FAQs about Spotify Desktop (Windows), do take a look here.

Try these out and let us know how it goes. Happy to Help!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts