Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

Spotify Version

Spotify for Windows
1.1.70.610.g4585142b

Real Canadian Superstore ad (in my case) halts all playlist progress. The ad never loads, and I just get a static image with no video or sound. After the 30 seconds is up, I still cannot continue the music, or skip tracks, or play a different playlist. The only solution is to close the app and reload, until it plays the ad again (usually after 1-2 songs).

Right now, other ads are working for me. The "buy Spotify premium" ones, and other companies' adverts don't seem to kill it.

EDIT: It did take me an entire 21 minutes since the last time it came by, but I got it again on the second sequence of ads which allowed me to take a screenshot.

Screenshot 2021-10-31 125556.png
9 Replies

Hi @yelpingmancandy,

thanks for reaching out !

I would recommend kicking things off with a clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided here.

In addition, please make sure your app is excluded from any firewall or antivirus software installed.

Another good indication would be to also test it on another device, a smartphone for example.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I wrote a fairly long reply, but the Spotify Community website "encountered an error" and ate the thing. I will avoid mentioning any competitors in this post.

Long story short: no, the reinstall didn't fix it, it just changed what ads crash.

Hey @yelpingmancandy,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try restarting your router by unplugging it for a couple of minutes?

If the issue persists, could you let us know if the same happens in any other device where you use the app, and if it also happens in the web player

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Website ate my post again:
"An Unexpected Error has occurred.

• Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Short version: rebooting routers hasn't helped. Also happens at work PC too. Will try tablet later.

Got landlords to reboot router while I was at work. Amazon ad just did it in like the second batch of ads, so I got two songs, three ads, two more songs, 1 ad, then it froze on the attached screenshot.

I will switch to tablet and try that now.

Screenshot 2021-11-15 171622.png

Re-installing and re routing doesn't work, even logging in to other devices wouldn't work. I am almost convinced that either it is a bug that they overlooked or they do this to FREE accounts ( I do not like to believe this). Although its only THE REAL CANADIAN SUPERSTORE ad.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

To confirm if this is related to those specific ads or if maybe is something else, can you try using a different connection? Also, make sure that Spotify doesn't have any restrictions in your devices' firewall and that you're not using a VPN.

Additionally, could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, to see if you can replicate this behavior? This would help us understand if maybe the issue is related to the network or to the accounts.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I am also having this issue of the Real Canadian Superstore ad stopping the player in the desktop version. That makes 3 users, @yelpingmancandy, @KliveM, and I who have the same issue on 3 different platforms: mobile, desktop, web. This is leaning towards a bug on Spotify's end, not the users.

Hi @phoenix_seven,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

We'd like to investigate this further, so please share with us the make, model and OS of your device. as well as the Spotify version you're running.

Also, indicate to us a rough time and date where you last received this ad.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts