Spotify is completely blank

Spotify is completely blank

eFlatin
Regular

Device

iMac 

My Question or Issue

I open Spotify, and this is all I see. And I am not able to select anyhing in File, Edit etc. I have tried to re-install.

Screenshot 2019-05-12 at 12.06.28.png
19 Replies

Re: Spotify is completely blank

chuckellen
Music Fan

I have the same problem, although it eventually shows up. I've been complaining about this for years and the only response I get is to reinstall the app. Trust me, Spotify does not care about fixing any of the issues. 

eFlatin
Regular
That is the impression I get also, I posted the same question a year ago, but that post has been removed it seems... I am currently in direct contact with them over Twitter though, so hopefully whoever is on the other end has a solution.

i-7

I have the same problem on my iMac (Late 2013, Mojave Version 10.14.3) but not on my iPhone or iPad. When opening Spotify the window is black for quiet a time.  After some time I see on the left side the Start/Browse/Radio-button and my playlists. When choosing a playlist, on the right side is a spinning symbol. But I takes minutes until the songs of the playlist are visible. At least I can play the songs.  Maybe it's my iMac which sometimes is very slow. But its is really annoying.

Hey @eFlatin.

Thanks for posting about this in the Community.

Sounds like a clean reinstall worked for a couple of other users. Could you let us know if that works for you too? 

If this is a recurring issue, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify you're running? We'll take a closer look ;)

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

eFlatin
Regular

A clean reinstall did not work.

The version I'm running is 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

savvyVKS

I am having the same problems. I just tried to do a clean reinstall and it's still coming up blank. It loads after maybe 10 minutes but you can't click anything or else it just freezes. This is insanely frustrating.

I'm running (or attempting to anyway) version 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17

chuckellen
Music Fan
Welcome to our **bleep**. You will be forever stuck here, as it's become
pitifully clear that the engineers don't really care if it works or not.

Re: Spotify is completely blank - Status changed to: Need more info

Hey all,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We'd like to investigate this issue but in order to do this, we need some more info.

• How long approximately the screen stays black
  • Spotify version
  • MacOS version

Don't forget to hit +vote as well so you can be kept up-to-date.

Have a nice day! 

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

eFlatin
Regular

@Guido 

It is completely stuck at the black screen, it does not change back, I have not been able to use the Spotify app for over a year now. 

Spotify version I am using is 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

MacOS version is Mojave 10.14.4

SUGGESTED POSTS