Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Searching in liked songs not working

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.I used to search my liked songs with the filter above it. Now it is not working. I write an expression to the input field, and the mechanism could not find the song...

spoti1.PNG spoti2.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello. I used to search my liked songs with the filter above it. Now it is not working. I wri...
  • Előd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • liked songs
    not working
    search filter
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows Spotify

Hello i'm a premium user from italy and previusly i didn't had premium but still tried to listen to music on my pc, my prblem is that when i click on a song it doesn't start playing anything the bar down doesn't show anything, before i had a problem ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello i'm a premium user from italy and previusly i didn't had premium but still tried to listen to music on my pc, my prblem is that when i click on a song it doesn't start playing anything the bar ...
  • savastrestefano
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlists appear empty on desktop app

PlanFree/PremiumDeviceHP Pavilion LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify won't play any music in the app or in the web player. All of my playlists, favourite songs, and everybody else's playlists all show no songs. This is extre...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Device HP Pavilion Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify won't play any music in the app or in the web player. All of my playlists, ...
  • idolandau
  • 179 replies
  • 374 likes
  • Account
  • 179 replies
  • 374 likes

Superuser Contribution Song volume fades on "quiet" parts of songs

PlanPremium, version is 1.1.47.684.g136419d9CountryFinlandDeviceDesktop computerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueLow volume part of songs get an artificial fade out - fade in which is really annoying. I've noticed it starting today, pre...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium, version is 1.1.47.684.g136419d9 Country Finland Device Desktop computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Low volume part of songs get an artificial fade...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The new update has made many things much harder

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe new update to the layout has caused more harm than good.Firstly, the search button is no longer at the top and now is a completely different section, wh...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The new update to the layout has caused more harm than good. Firstly, the sear...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Proxy not working since 1.0.83.318

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLenovo Thinkpad T540pOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUpdate 1.0.83.318 broke the proxy function completely (on Windows 10).I have set the proxy properly, tried a reinstall, cleared and re-entered the prox...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Lenovo Thinkpad T540p Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Update 1.0.83.318 broke the proxy function completely (on Windows 10)....
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 98 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 98 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution problems with my playlist and other music.

Plan: Family Premium Country: The Netherlands Device:The Problem is with my PC, but when i use the app on my phone it works correctly. Operating System:Windows 10 My Question or Issue:I can't play any music from all sorts of playlists, podcasts etc, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Family Premium   Country: The Netherlands   Device: The Problem is with my PC, but when i use the app on my phone it works correctly.   Operating System: Windows 10 &nbs...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • issue
    Music
    Playlist
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop users want information density, not a tablet experience

See subject. Post whether you agree or disagree with the maxim that desktop users prefer information density, quick navigation, and sorting options to graphic-rich and sprawled touch-centric design.

• Gig Goer
  • See subject.    Post whether you agree or disagree with the maxim that desktop users prefer information density, quick navigation, and sorting options to graphic-rich and sprawled touch-c...
  • CL415
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorting songs in my playlists with drag and drop

I’m using new version of desktop app and I have noticed that sorting songs manually (by drag&drop) isn’t very smooth now. When I’m near end of my playlist with many songs and I want to move a song to top the screen isn’t scrolling automatically. I ne...

• I’m using new version of desktop app and I have noticed that sorting songs manually (by drag&drop) isn’t very smooth now. When I’m near end of my playlist with many songs and I want to move a son...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

[Desktop] Ayuda! se baja solo el volumen, sin recibir ninguna notificación.

Estoy utilizando spotify en mi PC y de repente se baja el volumen como por un par de segundos (como cuando le llega una notificación al celular) pero no tengo ningún correo entrante, notificación, nada... Pensé que era algo con la computadora, pero n...

• Visitor
  • Estoy utilizando spotify en mi PC y de repente se baja el volumen como por un par de segundos (como cuando le llega una notificación al celular) pero no tengo ningún correo entrante, notificación, na...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution user name in collaborative playlist

My Question or Issuei want to start a collaborative playlist with my cousins but also want the playlist to mention who added the song (when the playlist is public). i know a collaborative playlist can't be made public but i saw someones playlist wher...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue i want to start a collaborative playlist with my cousins but also want the playlist to mention who added the song (when the playlist is public). i know a collaborative playlist ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ESET firewall vs Spotify

(soory for my english Im not native) Hi I had some problems with spotify few days ago (like 2-5 ago dont remember anymore). So I did clean reinstall and now its even worse. When I turn it on its says im offline (error code: 4). But its acting really ...

• (soory for my english Im not native) Hi I had some problems with spotify few days ago (like 2-5 ago dont remember anymore). So I did clean reinstall and now its even worse. When I turn it on its says...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify believes there is no internet when there is

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify won't play any music (everything is greyed out), because it believes that there is no internet connection. Nothing else on my PC believes there is no internet connection. It's like...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify won't play any music (everything is greyed out), because it believes that there is no internet connection...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Not all Local Files are playable

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue For years now local files have been finicky. I have a folder of roughly 2.3k playable mp3 files that I route to Spotify as my local files. I only see 2,072 songs in Spot...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   For years now local files have been finicky. I have a folder of roughly 2.3k playable mp3 fil...
  • kiboy6
  • Gig Goer
  • 22 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Desktop
    local files
  • 22 replies
  • 4 likes

Full screen mode disappeared in the latest Premium version (desktop windows)

I received an upgraded version of Windows and in the same time an upgrade of SpotifyThe version is now 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a (on windows 10 family version 2004)I have the Premium subscription.Since the upgrade, the FULL SCREEN button has disappeared...

• Casual Listener
  • I received an upgraded version of Windows and in the same time an upgrade of Spotify The version is now 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a (on windows 10 family version 2004) I have the Premium subscription. ...
  • herves
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop application resizes itself upon maximizing from minimized state

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(Desktop PC)Operating System(Windows 10 Pro x64 1909) My Question or IssueIf I minimize Spotify, and then bring it back/maximize it, the Spotify application resizes to a different size, and is now on two monitors instead o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (Desktop PC) Operating System (Windows 10 Pro x64 1909)   My Question or Issue If I minimize Spotify, and then bring it back/maximize it, the Sp...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution offline option (button) unavailable

I am using Spotify free the version 1.1.40.508.gd5bc2931 the OS is "windows 8.1 professional" ,the problem appear after i log out and login again then i notice that offline option from the menu is missing. i tried to log out and login again, but the ...

• Regular
  • I am using Spotify free the version 1.1.40.508.gd5bc2931 the OS is "windows 8.1 professional" ,the problem appear after i log out and login again then i notice that offline option from the menu ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Cannot open Joe Rogan podcast video

I have read the other posts on this topic, but none have been exactly my situation. I can never open the video version of this without reinstalling the app and rebooting my desktop. For the record, the audio only version won't play either, but I don'...

• Visitor
  • I have read the other posts on this topic, but none have been exactly my situation.  I can never open the video version of this without reinstalling the app and rebooting my desktop.  For t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Playlists] Unable to see all my Daily Mixes

I have so many daily mix playlists that I am unable to scroll to the side and see all of them. At the 6th mix, it cuts off the preview halfway and I can't see anything past that, as there's no slider or scroll sideways button or anything. Is there a ...

• I have so many daily mix playlists that I am unable to scroll to the side and see all of them. At the 6th mix, it cuts off the preview halfway and I can't see anything past that, as there's no slider...
  • KevBoneGT
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes