Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Soulnd
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution "See All" songs in search stop loading

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen searching for songs on Spotify and choosing to "see all", songs will not load after a certain point. If you scroll down, after 80 songs a loading whee...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When searching for songs on Spotify and choosing to "see all", songs will not l...
  • HeliTahvanainen
  • Music Fan
  • 44 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 7 likes

Home screen not updating

PlanPremium Country DeviceWindows App Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy home screen hasn't updated my recently played music on the home screen in months, nor most of the home recommendations. I see the same stuff every day and I'm sti...

• Plan Premium  Country   Device Windows App  Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue My home screen hasn't updated my recently played music on the home s...
  • ashbit_
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Discovered in listing

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceNotebookOperating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or IssueHey, when you open an artist's page, at the very bottom you will find the information "Discovered in", where you can view playlists that contain music by the curre...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Notebook Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue Hey,   when you open an artist's page, at the very bottom you will find the info...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files Names Issue

Hi, today I wanted to import my songs to local files in Spotify app on Windows. However when I imported songs, songs names were in chinese. But original names aren´t in chinese.I tried to reinstall app but it wont worked.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, today I wanted to import my songs to local files in Spotify app on Windows. However when I imported songs, songs names were in chinese. But original names aren´t in chinese. I tried to reinstall...
  • PaveI
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Some devices not visible to Windows desktop app

On Windows desktop, my paired speakers aren't appearing in the list of devices. They do appear in the android app and if I cast from there to the speakers, then the desktop app then shows the paired speakers. Is this a bug that the desktop doesn't sh...

• Casual Listener
  • On Windows desktop, my paired speakers aren't appearing in the list of devices.   They do appear in the android app and if I cast from there to the speakers, then the desktop  app then sh...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Albums" path is broken

If you click "Albums" or "Teosluettelo" on an artist, you get the tracks of the newest album, not the albums by that artist. For example, click Voces8 -> Näytä teosluottelo (show the albums) -> you get the tracks of the latest album Infinity. This ha...

• Visitor
  • If you click "Albums" or "Teosluettelo" on an artist, you get the tracks of the newest album, not the albums by that artist.  For example, click Voces8 -> Näytä teosluottelo (show the albums...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop app won't play, can't add to queue.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can play spotify just fine with the web player, but when I open the Windows App, then I can't play music on the Windows App or the Web Player.On the Windows app, if I try t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can play spotify just fine with the web player, but when I open the Windows App, then I can't pl...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Overlay not Working in Windows 11 fix.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,Windows 11 etc.) My Question or IssueHello, I have been having a problem with the spotify overlay on windows 11 and I h...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,Windows 11 etc.)   My Question or Iss...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Premium] Queue Interrupts Playlist, Can't Be Cleared

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(HP Pavilion 2020)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I start a Playlist, it plays one song and then reverts to the Queue, which has been (astoundingly) filled with a single artist whom I've only listened...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device (HP Pavilion 2020) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When I start a Playlist, it plays one song and then reverts to the Queue...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    Interrupting
    interrupts
    queue
    Same Artist
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Next song button exit the current playlist

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I click the "next song" (while playing screen1.png) button, it leave the current playlist even if the random next song in unselected (see screen2.png).

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I click the "next song" (while playing screen1.png) button, it leave the current playl...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Opening browser context menu instead of Spotify context menu in Spotify Web

PlanFreeCountrySerbiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 (Web)My Question or IssueFirst of all, why isn't there a section for Web version of Spotify in the community forums?Is there a way to open browser context menu by right click instead of the one ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Serbia Device PC Operating System Windows 10 (Web) My Question or Issue First of all, why isn't there a section for Web version of Spotify in the community forums? Is ther...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity Not Updating

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States of America DeviceDell Inpsirion 5410 Operating SystemWindows 10 Spotify Version"Spotify for Windows1.1.70.610.g4585142b" My Question or IssueNormally when I click on a different playlist for Spotify my friend's activit...

• Plan Premium Country United States of America   Device Dell Inpsirion 5410   Operating System Windows 10   Spotify Version "Spotify for Windows 1.1.70.610.g4585142b" &nbs...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Why can't I remove or exclude an artist in the Windows 10 app or web browser versions?

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDevice: (Android phone, iPad 4, PCx2, laptop )Operating System: (Android 9.1, iOS, Windows 10 Pro x64 (x3)) My Question or IssueI mostly work from home these days (thanks to COVID) and as I live alone I generally have S...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Australia Device: (Android phone, iPad 4, PCx2, laptop ) Operating System: (Android 9.1, iOS, Windows 10 Pro x64 (x3))   My Question or Issue I mostly work from home...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why I can't see a list of All Songs on each artist Artist page?

I want to see the list of all available tracks from an artist and not just the "most popular songs" on their albums. I recently return to Premium and I remember seeing the whole list of songs. Has this changed? Is there any way to see a list of all t...

• Regular
  • I want to see the list of all available tracks from an artist and not just the "most popular songs" on their albums. I recently return to Premium and I remember seeing the whole list of songs. Has th...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloading Spotify.exe on PC won't work

I have used Spotify on my PC for around 2 years now and for some reason one day it just decided to stop working properly. Whenever I tried to open it it says that I already had a Windows Store version running. I knew that I never downloaded the Windo...

• Visitor
  • I have used Spotify on my PC for around 2 years now and for some reason one day it just decided to stop working properly. Whenever I tried to open it it says that I already had a Windows Store versio...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] can not play right now

I get often the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it".And the Spotify Connect plays it after all without any issue then

• Roadie
  • I get often the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". And the Spotify Connect plays it after all without any issue then
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution repeat and shuffle

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI have noticed that since I upgraded to Win 11 the repeat and shuffle buttons are greyed out. Since they are "active" its no big deal for the moment. I almost always ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Desktop Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I have noticed that since I upgraded to Win 11 the repeat and shuffle buttons are greyed o...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Recent Windows 10 Update, now Spotify App won't play music

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecent update 2021-7 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 20H2 for x64 base system(7-16-2021), has affected my ability to use the Spotify App on my PC. It worked right bef...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recent update 2021-7 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 20H2 for x64 base system(7-16-2021), ...
  • Veedubs79
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Browse] Application interface breakdown (windows 10)

Hello ! Everytime the ad shows up, the application is completely frozen ! I can't do anything for 1 minute until i close the ad. I don't bother having a discreet ad, but it's really annoying when the application is breaking down because of it. The so...

• Visitor
  • Hello ! Everytime the ad shows up, the application is completely frozen ! I can't do anything for 1 minute until i close the ad. I don't bother having a discreet ad, but it's really annoying when the...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Browse
    Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution What is wrong with my spotify app for windows?

Plan CountryPremiumDeviceRyzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Super, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, 1TB SSD.Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor the past two months, my Spotify has not been working at all. When I load up the app, my "Liked Songs" and all of my ...

•   Plan   Country Premium Device Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Super, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, 1TB SSD. Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue For the past two months, ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes