Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is completely blank

Spotify is completely blank

Device

iMac 

My Question or Issue

I open Spotify, and this is all I see. And I am not able to select anyhing in File, Edit etc. I have tried to re-install.

Screenshot 2019-05-12 at 12.06.28.png
22 Replies

@Peter @Katerina @Guido

Any development in how to solve my issue? It has been a year since your Twitter support account told me the backstage team was looking into it, and I have yet to receive any update.

To save some time:

• How long approximately the screen stays black = It is completely stuck at the black screen, it does not change back. I open Spotify, it is black, and it stays this way. 
  • Spotify version = 1.1.35.458.g891674f3
  • MacOS version = Mojave 10.14.6

yes i have this issue too its totally blank and I fix it with clean redownload or the hardware It dont help anything.I am keep using website but I hope i can use back the spotify app asap. 😣

HKhayden_0-1627322006379.png

I hope you didn't hold your breath... or that you might actually have solved it for yourself.

I've had this issue for over 4 years and different moderators kept asking me the same questions before ignoring me. Only after I tweeted about how horrible their customer support is, their twitter account reached out. They asked me all the same questions, and after 2 months of troubleshooting said their tech team was going to have a look at it "backstage". After not hearing from them for over a year I asked if there was any progress, at which point they immediately answered that they couldn't fix it because it was most likely something isolated to my specific setup or device, which was something I had suggested was the problem very early in my dialogue with them.

I genuinely try to be understanding and patient when it comes to customer support of any sort, although this rant might contradict that, but this has made me lose all respect for Spotify. Just tell me you can't fix my problem, instead of spending years copy pasting the same troubleshooting guide and then ignoring me when I actually give you the answer.

Suggested posts