Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 64-bit

My Question or Issue

Using the "Search in playlist" feature (Ctrl+F) and searching for characters such as " " (blank space) will cause all further songs clicked by the user to return an error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". The user can resume to playing the songs in the playlist as usual after removing the space character from the search field.

5 Replies

Hi @ProblemFinder83,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

We tested this from our side and were able to replicate the same issue.

We'd like to investigate this further, so please share with us the Spotify app version you're running. 

Also, let us know if you've tried any troubleshooting steps. If you haven't, it's a good idea to run a reinstall of the app since it usually solves most issues with it.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi, the version of spotify is: Spotify for Windows 1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad
this is the desktop version from the windows store.

Hey @ProblemFinder83,

Thanks for the info.

Can you let us know if you've tried running the clean reinstall of the app, as well as any additional troubleshooting?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After reinstalling I can confirm the problem persists between installations.

Not much else to say, the problem only affects songs within the playlist where the search feature was used. Other playlists or searches are unaffected by the issue. The functionality can be restored by removing the character from the playlists search-bar.

Hey @ProblemFinder83

Thanks for the info.

We'll make sure to pass this on to the right folks. However, this could be a technical limitation and using regular search queries shouldn't cause an issue.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts