Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Superuser Contribution A shuffle button on the desktop application

There should be a shuffle play button for playlists on the desktop application, just like on the app. Currently, pressing the play button, even with shuffle turned on, simply plays the playlist in order. This is both a massive oversight and clearly a...

• Visitor
  • There should be a shuffle play button for playlists on the desktop application, just like on the app. Currently, pressing the play button, even with shuffle turned on, simply plays the playlist in or...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Não consigo alterar a capa de uma playlist

Olá! Estou tentando alterar a imagem de capa de algumas playlists, porém não funciona. Retorna o erro "Falha ao tentar carregar a imagem. Tente de novo." Já tentei alterar a imagem, diminuir a qualidade mas nada está funcionando. Não encontrei nenhum...

• Casual Listener
  • Olá!   Estou tentando alterar a imagem de capa de algumas playlists, porém não funciona. Retorna o erro "Falha ao tentar carregar a imagem. Tente de novo."   Já tentei alterar a imagem,...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Current song can't be played after upgrading to Premium

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceMedion Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI upgraded to premium today and suddenly nothing works anymore. Whatever song i try to play i get the message on top : current song can't be played.Same th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Medion Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I upgraded to premium today and suddenly nothing works anymore. Whatever song i...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [All Devices] Playlist Issues

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceiPhone 11 and DesktopOperating SystemiOS 13 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueEvery time I try and start playing any playlist on my account, the next song is always a different playlist and it no longer plays right ...

• Plan Premium Country Australia   Device iPhone 11 and Desktop Operating System iOS 13 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue Every time I try and start playing any playlist on my ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • issue
    Playlist
    skipping
    song
    troubleshoot
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop app always shows offline error 4

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceLaptop Windows 10Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.836] My Question or IssueEarlier in the day, I used the Windows standalone desktop app for the first time in quite a while and I was suggested an u...

• Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Laptop Windows 10 Operating System Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.836]   My Question or Issue Earlier in the day, I used the Windows standal...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Blue Screen - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

Everytime i try to start spotify in my windows 10 it suddenly stops and the screen freezes; a few minutes later a blue screen with the sign "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE" appears. How can i fix this problem? (it only occurs during spotify initializatio...

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime i try to start spotify in my windows 10 it suddenly stops and the screen freezes; a few minutes later a blue screen with the sign "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE" appears. How can i fix this pr...
  • Andyking1in
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows desktop player issue.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Visual issue with the program attached.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Visual issue with the program attached.  
  • NOVAmonkey
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Any way to mass remove followed artist

I over time have clicked artist followed considerably. I am now looking for a fast way to mass unfollow numerous artist at once. The followed screen does not seem to allow you to select numerous followed artist at once and right click to allow you to...

• Casual Listener
  • I over time have clicked artist followed considerably.  I am now looking for a fast way to mass unfollow numerous artist at once.  The followed screen does not seem to allow you to select n...
  • mpicarelli
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Cannot change playlist cover photo

PlanPremiumCountryEstoniaDeviceWindows Spotify AppOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis is a new issue I am having - I used to be able to change my playlist cover photo. Out of the blue I am not able to anymore. The pencil icon does not...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Estonia Device Windows Spotify App Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This is a new issue I am having - I used to be able to change my playlist cov...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution what happened to play counts?

They have disappeared completely from PC and Mac desktop versions. Is there a way to turn the feature back on?

• Visitor
  • They have disappeared completely from PC and Mac desktop versions. Is there a way to turn the feature back on?
  • voltre
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Desktop
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Ms Teams Mic makes bad noise after using Spotify desktop connecting WIFI speaker

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHP Spectre Pro X360 G2Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issuelike the title of this enquiry, I connected my Spotify desktop to my speaker via WIFI. (Samsung WIFI speaker). and I got a call from MS teams so I paused m...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device HP Spectre Pro X360 G2 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue like the title of this enquiry, I connected my Spotify desktop to my sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Different spotify layout

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue:i have just logged onto a different account and my spotify layout looks all different and i want to change it back to normal.This is what i nomally see on spotify. This is what i see now, and...

playlistview.png 11111.PNG
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: i have just logged onto a different account and my spotify layout looks all different and i want to change it back to norma...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 32-bit windows

So. I have old laptop, and it has a 32-bit operating system (windows xp). I want to install spotify to it, but when i go to download site, it automatically start to download 64-bit spotify installer. Where can i download 32-bit? I want to use this co...

• Visitor
  • So. I have old laptop, and it has a 32-bit operating system (windows xp). I want to install spotify to it, but when i go to download site, it automatically start to download 64-bit spotify installer....
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug report: Cannot flag or remove offensive political content from feed

PlanPremium, cancelled pending outcome of bug fixCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThere is no way to flag certain content or remove it from my...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium, cancelled pending outcome of bug fix Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) &nbs...
  • DevilEars
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • BackOffWithPolitics
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to assess "search" page on web version spotify

It keeps on showing "Something went wrong. Try Reloading the page" when I try to get in the "Search Page" of Window App version on my laptop. Anyone can help?

• Casual Listener
  • It keeps on showing "Something went wrong. Try Reloading the page" when I try to get in the "Search Page" of Window App version on my laptop. Anyone can help?
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Error
    page
    reload
    Search
    Window
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Scroll / cursor speed

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen i want to scroll down in the Spotify App on my Laptop it's always way too fast and I just end up at the bottom of the Playlist. I've already tried to change it in the settings of the Laptop but it's...

• Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When i want to scroll down in the Spotify App on my Laptop it's always way too fast and I just end up at the bottom of the Playlist. I've a...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I CAN'T CHANGE MY PLAYLIST COVER!!!

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't change my spotify playlist cover. this update is very bad. I deleted and installed, but it has not been improved. I want to use the old version.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't change my spotify playlist cover. this update is very bad. I deleted and installed, bu...
  • Celine_0wl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't change the cover of my playlist

I have spotify premium and I am having problem to change the cover of ALL my playlists. I'm using the app of Spotify on my notebook (Dell/Microsoft) and I still can't change.Anyone can help me?

problem spotify.png
  • Visitor
  • I have spotify premium and I am having problem to change the cover of ALL my playlists. I'm using the app of Spotify on my notebook (Dell/Microsoft) and I still can't change. Anyone can help me? &n...
  • Celine_0wl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Help When i search it says not working And the mini player wont work!

The mini player wont work and i cant search!! i restarted my device, logged out and back in, Cleared my cache and still wont work, And also how do i stop spotify from hiding certain album's that a band makes and u have to search specifically for them...

• Regular
  • The mini player wont work and i cant search!! i restarted my device, logged out and back in, Cleared my cache and still wont work, And also how do i stop spotify from hiding certain album's that a ba...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop] Recently Played on Home screen only shows artists I've listened to from web

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePC LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor a while now the Recently Played section on the home screen in the Desktop app only shows artists that I've listened to by following links online. For example, som...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device PC Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For a while now the Recently Played section on the home screen in the Desktop app...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Desktop
    Recently Played
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes