Step 1

NEXT STEP

PC Desktop version - search not working

PC Desktop version - search not working

Plan: Premium

Device; Lenovo laptop

Operating System; Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since the update of 9-8-2021, search is not working on my desktop version. Uninstalling and reinstalling the software does not resolve the issue.

4 Replies

Co-sign.
Windows just keeps pulling up "Oooops, something went wrong" errors. Other versions of the app work (Android, FireTV) without any problem.

This started happening to me this morning (2021-09-30) - I'm not sure of the last date that the software updated.

Version: Spotify for Windows
1.1.68.632.g2b11de83

Plan: Premium

Hi there @mannes2111 and @paulrichardcook,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

My issue with was the desktop version, not phone. A new version installed 10/1 seemed to have solved it partially; search works but is still quite slow.

Hi there @mannes2111

Thanks for the clarification. 

Could you let us know if the issue persists using a different internet connection? You can try creating a hotspot on your phone and using that - if that's possible.

On another note, does the same happens on a different PC as well?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts