[Desktop][Connect] Remove the facebook panel

Solved!

[Desktop][Connect] Remove the facebook panel

GubmentCheez
Casual Listener

This is now mandatory for people who aren't interested in using it. Clicking the button opens a facebook login page which facebook uses to track, even if you are not a facebook member.

My idea is to remove this forced feature from spotify. At the bare minimum make it opt-in only. When we first open the app, ask if we want to connect to Facebook in the pane, then have the pane go away if we decline. In the options have a setting for facebook login that will re-enable this pane if anyone wants to use it.

SpotiFace.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: [Desktop][Connect] Remove the facebook panel

Xenia

Hey there @GubmentCheez,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you don't want to see the Friend Feed you should be able to switch it off completely in the app Settings:

tempsnip.png

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Solution!

Xenia

Hey there @GubmentCheez,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you don't want to see the Friend Feed you should be able to switch it off completely in the app Settings:

tempsnip.png

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

View solution in original post

dchipy

This should be default off

Jahf
Casual Listener
Turning this on and not giving a stupidly obvious option in the settings (ie, there should be a toggle OFF for Facebook connect next to the Facebook icon in the settings) put me in a short rage mode today.

Stop doing this kind of thing. I don't care you added it. I care the UI was enabled by default. If you want to present new options to users make it an option to turn it on. If you want to enable it on first install, fine, but don't turn it on when upgrading an install.

All you're doing is proving you CAN update the UX but that you're ignoring some of the most upvoted UX requests going for years now.

Ozito

Why is it now obligatory to connect to effing facebook to see what the people I'm following on spotify is listening to!?!??!?!

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO IMPLEMENT SUCH STUPID FUNCTIONS SPOTIFY DEVS!!!!!?

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

_jyut-uvqj4o
Sorry but your explanation rings fairly hollow. This comes down to Facebook paying Spotify to put this there and not allow users to remove it. If it is a "added feature", Spotify would allow users to make a choice. As a paid subscriber, it's REALLY annoying to see it sitting there.
SUGGESTED POSTS