Free

Country

Serbia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 (Web)

My Question or Issue

First of all, why isn't there a section for Web version of Spotify in the community forums?

Is there a way to open browser context menu by right click instead of the one of Spotify? Spotify behaves as if it's separate from the browser, as it's on its own. I use Firefox and I want to open some albums in new browser tabs.

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed 

Opening albums as separate tabs is quite a cool idea and in (Firefox) browser it would be doable by doing a ctrl + left-click on an album. The only downside is that the existing tab will also load the same album you just clicked on.

I believe the tabs for the web player act like that mainly because there is no such feature on the desktop client, at least not that I'm aware of.

Hope this helps, have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Actually, I don't want Spotify context menu overriding Firefox context menu when right-clicking at all.

Please see the attached pictures.

spotify.png
spotify 2.png

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

That is currently not possible. Spotify context menu will be opened if you right-click on an item and no menu would be opened at all, if you click on empty space within the app. This is because the Spotify Web player is treated as a service Client by the browser.

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts