Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track Display Info - Windows 10 + Mac Desktop App

Track Display Info - Windows 10 + Mac Desktop App

When in the main screen (Windows desktop app) and you enlarge the album cover by clicking on the bottom left, the album cover will go full screen it will show how the artist and track information for a few seconds before disappearing.

Is there a way to keep the now playing information on the screen without it disappearing?

I don't want a blank album cover, I want to see the artist, the track and how long is left on the song without having to touch my track pad or touch screen.

4 Replies

Hi there @scobihughes,

thanks for reaching out !

Could you please share screenshots of your current app with the screens you mentioned  your post above ?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Hi

The pics attached show the desktop app when you go full screen. For the first few seconds go full screen you have all the track information you need with the backdrop of the artist which is great. Then after a few seconds the track info vanishes and you are left with only an artist backdrop. In some cases if there is no artist backdrop you can be left with just a blank coloured screen.

It renders full screen completely useless on desktop. 

Hi there @scobihughes,

Thanks for sending us this info. 

We can confirm that it's expected behavior of the app that the song's info only shows up for a few seconds in full screen. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I can't believe this is a designed feature to work in the desktop app. It actually renders the desktop app useless in full screen as some artists don't have any artwork and you end up with just a blank colour when in fullscreen mode. 

Fortunately I've found a workaround on this forum from other users unhappy with the feature where we are all having to use the web player instead of the app. 

It's not ideal but will have to do until surely Spotify fix this in an upgrade. 

Suggested posts