Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Incorrect grammar in client

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceCustom PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen searching with a group of keywords which return no results, the client displays the following message "No results found for \"{{query}}\"Please make sur...

Untitled.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Custom PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When searching with a group of keywords which return no results, the clie...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Strings localization
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution WORKAROUND FOUND: Mouse Back Button Shortcut Not Working

In previous versions, you were able to use the back and forward buttons on your mouse to go back and forth between pages, just like on an internet browser. Recent Spotify update broke this. If you have a mouse that can set customized key strokes for ...

• Visitor
  • In previous versions, you were able to use the back and forward buttons on your mouse to go back and forth between pages, just like on an internet browser. Recent Spotify update broke this.   ...
  • Koaieus
  • Regular
  • 23 replies
  • 48 likes
  • back button
    back shortcut
    mouse
    mouse back button
    Shortcut
  • 23 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! I'm not receving the new desktop app update

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am not receving the new update for the desktop app. I did reinstalled the app few times. Did even manually delete the files of spotify and reinstalled again and still didn't work. Can someo...

• Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am not receving the new update for the desktop app. I did reinstalled the app few times. Did even manually delete ...
  • Creatiive
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there still an option to disable media keys overlay in the desktop app?

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThere was a very convenient option in the previous version of the desktop app, which allowed to hide overlay while using media keys. However, I can't seem to find it in the latest...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue There was a very convenient option in the previous version of the desktop app, which allowed to hide overla...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution different layout

i use spotify version 1.1.54.592.gc0b20638-a i dont know where they downloaded it this laptop im using is from my school when i wanted to download spotify i noticed that spotify was already downloaded. idk where they downloaded it i checked microsoft...

• Visitor
  • i use spotify version 1.1.54.592.gc0b20638-a i dont know where they downloaded  it this laptop im using is from my school when i wanted to download spotify i noticed that spotify was already dow...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Desktop App (for Windows) is STILL terrible

I have been a paid subscriber for years. I enjoy using Spotify. It works just fine on my cell phone. However, for years--with every (PC, Windows) computer I've ever had the desktop app is clunky. I want to be able to use the desktop app to listen fro...

• I have been a paid subscriber for years. I enjoy using Spotify. It works just fine on my cell phone. However, for years--with every (PC, Windows) computer I've ever had the desktop app is clunky. I w...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 Game bar (No longer resizable)

Operating SystemWindows 10 (2004) My Question or Issue:A recent update either to Game bar or Spotify means I can no longer make the Spotify window as small as I could beforehand. I like to pin the window on the Game bar so I can see which song is pla...

• Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10 (2004)   My Question or Issue: A recent update either to Game bar or Spotify means I can no longer make the Spotify window as small as I could beforehand.  ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 2021 Update Redesign [Friend Actvity]

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThey announced the new update and redesign for the desktop and Web App, but I don't see friend activity anywhere... did they remove this feature? Seeing friends listening activity wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue They announced the new update and redesign for the desktop and Web App, but I don't see friend activity anywhe...
  • mberkhof
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Desktop
    Friend Activity
    Update
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

About Spotify theme

Today my theme was changed on Spotify desktop app(windows). After that i reopened application for 3-4 times now it looks like normal main theme. Can i use that theme again? how i can change to it? I was took some shots with phone to show my friends. ...

• Today my theme was changed on Spotify desktop app(windows). After that i reopened application for 3-4 times now it looks like normal main theme. Can i use that theme again? how i can change to it? I ...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lyrics not working on Spotify Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceLenovo Ideapad 310 and Lenovo Ideapad S145Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe lyrics feature is not working for any songs on Spotify Deskptop, even though it works on Spotify Web and on the iOS app. I have...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Lenovo Ideapad 310 and Lenovo Ideapad S145 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The lyrics feature is not working for any songs on Spot...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Desktop
    lyrics
    Windows 10
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Bug: Artist overview page auto scrolls to the bottom

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen viewing an artists page and you've scrolled to the bottom of either one of the artists tabs that is not 'Overview' for example the 'About' tab, click the same artists name...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When viewing an artists page and you've scrolled to the bottom of either one of the artists tabs that is...
  • jakeembx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast date format vs. Music date format

Spotify PremiumBrazil DeviceDell laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy oh why does Spotify uses a different date format for songs and for podcasts? And why is the podcast date trimmed at the end? I have no idea what year the podcas...

• Regular
  • Spotify Premium Brazil   Device Dell laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why oh why does Spotify uses a different date format for songs and for podcasts? And ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Edit My Own Collaborative Playlist (Bug)

I can edit the title and description, but most options from the drop down menu have disappeared (see attached screenshot). The playlist is finalised between collaborators, and I would like to untick the Collaborative option and make the playlist publ...

• Music Fan
  • ...o untick the Collaborative option and make the playlist public, but the option has disappeared.   I've tried on Windows and Mac desktop, and these options are still visible on my other p...
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts hijacks my play queue

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 (Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763)My Question or IssueSometimes when I visits a specific podcast feed while listening to a playlist the entire podcast feed replaces my playlist in the "Next Up"...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device PC Operating System Windows 10 (Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763) My Question or Issue Sometimes when I visits a specific podcast feed while listening to a p...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Incorrect translation in Chinese

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwanDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThere are several wrong translations in Chinese, please check the pictures below. Options: The arrow keys should be "向'direction'鍵." "暂停" should be "暫停." Search box: T...

S1.png S2.png S3.png
  • Plan Premium Country Taiwan Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue There are several wrong translations in Chinese, please check the pictures below.   Optio...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • chinese
    language
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I have keyboard shortcuts for pausing and skipping music But since this week they don't work anymore

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have keyboard shortcuts for pausing and skipping music.But since this week they don't work anymore.I used the keys F5, F6 and F7 for previous next and pausing s...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have keyboard shortcuts for pausing and skipping music. But since this week they do...
  • CarlosE
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • shortcuts
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution BUG - 384Khz Devices

Spotify will not work with devices that are set up to output anything above 192Khz. I do not need the audio from Spotify to be a higher quality. I would just like to be able to use my devices without having to constantly switch the sound settings eve...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify will not work with devices that are set up to output anything above 192Khz. I do not need the audio from Spotify to be a higher quality. I would just like to be able to use my devices without...
  • Skorrn_
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Play Queue History Doesn't Show recent Songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe songs in my history tab are from a few months ago instead of from a few hours ago. Discover Weekly just updated and I wanted to save a few songs from last weeks playlist,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The songs in my history tab are from a few months ago instead of from a few hours ago. Discover We...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Please Help

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(MSI Laptop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueThe create similar playlist button on desktop isn't working/ nothing happens when i press it. I'm aware that it only works on playlists that iv made but still not...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device (MSI Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue The create similar playlist button on desktop isn't working/ nothing happens when i pr...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes