Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify friend activity forced open?

PlanFreeCountryU.S.ADeviceASUS Zenbook Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAs the subject says, yesterday my friend activity was forced open, and the usual ways of closing it (double clicking) don't close it. It covers a quarter of my scre...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country U.S.A Device ASUS Zenbook  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue As the subject says, yesterday my friend activity was forced open, and the ...
  • etbebl321
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution CTRL-A only selects 100 songs

Plan- PremiumCountry- United States DeviceDell XPS 15 9560Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am attempting to copy all of the songs from my "Liked Songs" into a public playlist so that I can share my songs with friends and family. Howev...

• Visitor
  • ...ongs" into a public playlist so that I can share my songs with friends and family. However when using the CTRL-A shortcut, it only selects exactly 100 songs. The behavior is the same if I click on the f...
  • Novy
  • 6 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution Add to queue

PlanPremiumCountry UKDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUsing the desktop app when I click add to queue nothing adds to queue.Works fine if I use the mobile app.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Using the desktop app when I click add to queue nothing adds to queue. Works fine if I use...
  • Novy
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't open or uninstall

Whenever I open Spotify on my Windows 10 computer I get an error that reads: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winmmbase.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error..." (see image attached) Attempting to uninstall Spotify does not work be...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I open Spotify on my Windows 10 computer I get an error that reads:   "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winmmbase.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error..." (see imag...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Google login is not available with Windows Desktop application

PlanPremiumCountrySouth KoreaDeviceWindows 10 DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify just opened its service and I enrolled Premium membership. I downloaded app for my Android phone and signed up using my Google account. Today...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country South Korea Device Windows 10 Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Spotify just opened its service and I enrolled Premium membership....
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify UI not loading properly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 (r1.0)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently started issue of Spotify user interface not loading while offline. The application still works through the dropdown menu and loads normally ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 (r1.0) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently started issue of Spotify user interface not loading while offlin...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Fix Low Volume Issue

Using my computer, if I lower the volume via Windows, everything is fine - the volume simply gets lower. Doing a little research I found out that the volume change is digital, and will degrade your audio's bit depth.The first(left) clip is low volume...

• Regular
  • Using my computer, if I lower the volume via Windows, everything is fine - the volume simply gets lower. Doing a little research I found out that the volume change is digital, and will degrade y...
  • Drakorex
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Search] Desktop app's search feature has a problem

The search (the general search not the search inside playlists) feature often shows just the previous search's result no matter what is written. For example I searched for "The Heavy Short Change Hero" and as a result it gave me the song as it should...

• Visitor
  • The search (the general search not the search inside playlists) feature often shows just the previous search's result no matter what is written. For example I searched for "The Heavy Short Change Her...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play current song

I keep getting "Can't play current song" all the time on Spotify. The song I'm currently listening to stops for some time, then resumes, then I get this again. This continues for forever. I found no fixes for this nowhere. It keeps getting really ann...

• Visitor
  • I keep getting "Can't play current song" all the time on Spotify. The song I'm currently listening to stops for some time, then resumes, then I get this again. This continues for forever. I found no ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot Mark Podcast Episodes as Played

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have the Windows 10 client for Spotify and I listen to podcasts while working on the computer. I know in the past I was able to mark specific episodes as played o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have the Windows 10 client for Spotify and I listen to podcasts while working on the c...
  • Novy
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • episodes
    PC
    played
    Podcasts
    Unplayed
    Windows 10
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Media Keys no longer working if Spotify isn't the active window.

I have been using my media keys with Spotify in the background flawlessly for quite a while but suddenly they've stopped working. They only work with Spotify if I have Spotify as my active window (in the foreground). I have Google Chrome installed bu...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using my media keys with Spotify in the background flawlessly for quite a while but suddenly they've stopped working. They only work with Spotify if I have Spotify as my active window (in...
  • vektoa
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Startup

Windows Laptop.When I turn on my laptop, Spotify turns on.I made everything that I could to turn off startup, but it didn't help.Please help me to solve it :C

• Visitor
  • Windows Laptop. When I turn on my laptop, Spotify turns on. I made everything that I could to turn off startup, but it didn't help. Please help me to solve it :C
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotiamp help

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDeviceWindows / Samsung S10eOperating SystemWindows / Android (latest) My Question or IssueI just love Spotiamp and can't ditch it for anything in the world right now. The fact that it is so sleek and light makes it incredibl...

•   Plan Premium Country Romania Device Windows / Samsung S10e Operating System Windows / Android (latest)   My Question or Issue I just love Spotiamp and can't ditch it for anythi...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No sound via HDMI anymore

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceHP Elitebook x360 / Dell U2410 LCD monitor (with speakers) via HDMI connectedOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue:Since a few days (after one of the recent app updates?), Spotify does not play sound anymo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device HP Elitebook x360 / Dell U2410 LCD monitor (with speakers) via HDMI connected Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: Since a few da...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution USA Spotify Premium using Windows 10 on Dell tower won't play folders on Sonos speaker.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • mwenz
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Annoying scrolling problem (Windows Version)

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or Issue:When using backbutton/backspace on my mouse, the previous page loads but scrolls automatic all the way to the bottom for no reason. This problem has been going on fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue: When using backbutton/backspace on my mouse, the previous page loads but scrolls automati...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Duo Mix Playlist Bug

Spoiler (Highlight to read)PlanPremium DuoCountryTurkey DevicePC, iOS, AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 Enterprise EditionPlanPremium DuoCountryTurkey DevicePC, iOS, AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 Enterprise EditionMy Question or IssueSo as you k...

image.png image.png image.png image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Duo Country Turkey  Device PC, iOS, Android Operating System Windows 10 Enterprise Edition My Question or Issue So as you know, Duo Mix has three different playlists as se...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Cross-Platform Issue
    Desktop
    Duo Mix
    iOS
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution None of the Songs will play

PlanPremium FamilyCountryGermanyDevice(in Attachments)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueAlright so I think my Spotify is completely useless at the moment. It won't play any songs besides local ones that I have installed on my pc. I alr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Germany Device (in Attachments) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Alright so I think my Spotify is completely useless at the moment. It w...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded song appears in local files and playlists, but the song does not actually play

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(Windows Desktop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhen I download a song, it appears on my local files, and looks playable. When I select the song, it does not play and simply remains at 0:00. I can move aro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (Windows Desktop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue When I download a song, it appears on my local files, and looks playable. When I ...
  • Jack133
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast episode-lists bugging out/can't scroll

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceDell and HP laptopsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEvery time I go to a podcast's episode list and try to scroll through it, the scroll bar bugs out and starts vibrating back and forth and flashing, so I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Dell and HP laptops Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Every time I go to a podcast's episode list and try to scroll through it, th...
  • CarlosE
  • 23 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 4 likes