Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows, Chrome

My Question or Issue

The way artist discography is viewed was updated recently to where all albums are in order from newest release at the top of a page instead it loading thumbnails for each album.  I like this layout but the playback is broken.  If you try to play any album or song it automatically selects the first song in the first album at the top of the list.  Only way around this issue on this screen is to add the album you want to hear to your queue and skip to the first song on that album.

Also the song or album that was playing "can't be found" when bringing computer out of sleep mode.  Refreshing the tab doesn't work either.  Didn't have this issue with the old layout.  Use the web player at work for music and podcasts all day.  Heavy user.

5 Replies

Hi @pharrlinda,

Thank you for posting on the Community and welcome.

About the first issue with the album view, it would be of great help if you share a screen recording, so we can see exactly what you mean and offer assistance.

Regarding the second issue and the error "Can't be found", we suggest you run a clean reinstall of the app, which is more thorough than a regular one. This time please make sure to download the app directly from the Microsoft Store.

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've got this problem with singles & EPs playlist too but in the web player - every play button causes it to play the most recent track. Running web player in Chrome on Windows 10. 

Hey there @mjcarroll

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind trying if the same happens in an incognito window and a different browser?

Also, we'd like to know if the issue persists using a different internet connection. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni yes, it happens in Edge and in incognito mode in Chrome. Since posting I also found it happens on the album discography playlist too. So basically in the new discography view, the big play buttons on individual releases all cause the most recent release to play.

Hey there @mjcarroll

Thanks for your reply 🙂 

Could you check if the same happens on a different device as well?

It would also be helpful if you could include a video or a screen recording where we can take a better look at this. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts