Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search for a Song and show playlist its in.

Search for a Song and show playlist its in.

I have hundreds of playlists as I cant filter by anything meaningful I also cant search for songs within the playlists so I have duplicate tracks in unused playlists can you advise on the following and not give some generic answer, please. 

1. Can you advise how to locate a song within a playlist as the search function doesn't seem to allow me to find tracks within my own playlists, I have tried the library search as well as the standard search function. 

2. Are you planning on introducing a better search and filtering function to Spotify as this is a HUGE feature of a music streaming service and at the moment I'm at my wits end it can take 15 min to find the playlist that contains a specific track if I'm lucky enough to find it at all. 

I truly hope it's user error. 

Thanks

1 Reply

Hey @steve99300,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Currently, the searching functionality works only within your saved Songs/Albums/Artists/Playlists. It isn't possible to search though out your entire Library. To find a particular song title it needs to be in your saved songs list. Songs in playlists that are not saved (marked with the green heart) will not be included in the search results. 

A very similar idea for expanding the search scope was suggested here while ago, so you can take part and give your vote to support it!

Also here is some additional info on the sorting and filtering options, that you can take advantage of.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts