Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

It is a playlist of mine that has around 2,600 songs and it simply will not complete its download (It has been fully downloaded before, but decided to redownload itself). Only stops halfway through the process.

23 Replies

Hi @griffin_word,

Thank you for posting your question on the Community, and welcome! 

To start, let us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't work, please let us know if you've tried downloading that playlist on another device. As a heads up, remember that you can download up to 10,000 songs across 5 different devices. 

Hope this helps.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I did a clean reinstall, and now nothing in my library will download. I have everything including my playlist downloaded on my phone, though. Everything is working properly there.

Hey @griffin_word,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you go to Settings > Advanced > Offline storage location > and change the location there to see if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I created a brand new folder in place of the normal "Storage" folder to download for offline use and restarted the app. My library unfortunately still won't download.

Hey @griffin_word,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

Next thing to check is that there aren't any restrictions to Spotify in your PC's firewall and antivirus. It's also worth clearing your hosts file by following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your PC and try to download some content? This will help us check if this is account or device related.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

I logged into a family member's account on my own device, and still, nothing was able to download. Guessing it's an issue on my device.

Hi @griffin_word,

Thanks for your reply.

That indicates that the issue indeed relies on your device. Just to confirm, did you check your firewall and antivirus to make sure Spotify doesn't have any restrictions?

Also, try restarting your router by unplugging it for a few seconds to see if that makes any difference.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I did follow the steps in the article you sent and there were no entries with Spotify or fastly in an address (in the notes app). I'll try restarting the router. For the firewall and antivirus, I think I checked correctly and got this:

griffin_word_0-1626638990117.png

Thanks for confirming @griffin_word,

Let us know how it goes after restarting your router.

You can also try reinstalling the app again but making sure you're downloading it again from the Microsoft Store. If that's the version you've been using, then try downloading it from our website to see if that makes any difference.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I've restarted my router by unplugging it for about 10 seconds, and I've tried the version from the Microsoft Store, since I have been using the version from the main website, and neither of those options worked for me.

Hey @griffin_word,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

If possible, could you try using a different connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot from your phone? This is to check if maybe this is rather related to the connection.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I tried downloading when connected to my phone's personal hotspot and came up with no luck.

Hey there @griffin_word,

Thanks for the reply.

Another thing you can try is to log in with a different account. You can ask a friend/ family member to log in with theirs. This way we can check if the issue might be related to your account or some account settings.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did try this option recently and used a family member's account. I could not download their saved music onto my device. I did realize just now that right before this issue came up, I had redownloaded the Spotify App on my iPhone and Apple Watch because of some apple account issue. Not sure if that has anything to do with what is going on with my PC.

Hey there @griffin_word

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Would you mind checking if the OS of your PC has any pending updates?

Additionally, it's also a good idea to try reinstalling the app in safe mode to see if that makes a difference.

Lastly, just to confirm, are you having issues downloading only that specific playlist or other playlists as well?

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I checked for updates and it seems I'm all good on that front and safe mode didn't work out for me. Wouldn't connect me to the internet even though I selected the option for it to put me in safe mode with a network connection (F5). I am having an issue with all of my downloads, not just the one specific playlist. Although at first, it was only that playlist, after I reinstalled Spotify on my PC, nothing was able to start downloading at all.

griffin_word_0-1627416282632.png

Hey @griffin_word

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you let us know if this happens only with large playlists or with the smaller ones as well?

Also, would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach the video to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

If you're not able to, you can upload it to Google Drive or any other service and share the link with us.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This happens on all playlists, all albums, all songs. Here is a screen recording as a google photos link. I tried to download my main playlist which is temporarily labeled as "large playlist" and another smaller playlist I have labeled as "small playlist." I also tried downloading two albums. Not sure why the quality of the video dipped to 360p. Hopefully, it is readable enough to be helpful!   https://photos.app.goo.gl/VpoHZNsdsphU4XZT9 

Hi there @griffin_word,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

In this case we suggest that you contact our customer support and tell them to remove any possible corrupt device you have on your account since we're not able to do it directly from our end.

Let us know how everything goes after you've talked to the customer support.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts