Premium

Country

USA

Device

HP Envy All-IN-ONE

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After a recent update, the spotify player randomly closes on my desktop.  I do not have this problem on my android phone nor a work computer (running an older windows version). I have used spotify on this computer for years without issue.  I have not installed any new software or hardware.  I have tried both quick and clean reinstalls. The webplayer works without issue.

Sometimes it will play an entire song or two, sometimes it will close immediately after opening.

any ideas?

5 Replies

Hi there @CMCKEE3

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

You mentioned that you've already tried a clean reinstall, but could you let us know if you have followed these specific steps? Also, make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try disabling the option Enable hardware acceleration in the app's settings? 

It's also worth toggling the option Show Local Files on > disabling all the sources that appear there > toggle Show Local Files back off. 

After following those steps, make sure to restart the app.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

No.  I have gone through the process several times but it has not worked.  There must be a program on this computer interfering with the spotify app.  It is the only device that I am having this problem with.

Hey @CMCKEE3,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you confirm if you followed the other suggestions that @Eni mentioned above, apart from the clean reinstall? We're trying to narrow down what the root cause might be here.

Also, make sure that Spotify doesn't have any restrictions in your PC's firewall and antivirus.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

All of the steps outlined (hardware acceleration, show local files) are disabled.

spotify is cleared through my firewall.

Hi @CMCKEE3,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try downloading and installing the app from our website, if you've installed it from the MS store and vise versa. 

The MS store app is more optimized to support some Windows only features, but can cause issues on some machines.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts