Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Desktop

Operating System

W10

My Question or Issue

Songs I listened to through search or whatever other playlist the song is added to my main playlist without me doing anything. I listened to a post malone album the other day now that entire album is in my playlist

9 Replies

Hey @Yato123,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Just to make sure we're on the same page - by "main playlist" do you mean your Liked Songs? If so, let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend this step since it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

If that doesn't fix things, could you let us know if all albums you play are affected or just specific ones? Also, does the issue come up on other devices or with our web player? 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I'm talking about my personal made playlist.
I've done as you instructed without success it still adds songs from outside my playlist without my approval and shuffles the date added on the songs in the playlist.

Which is annoying since that's how I sort my playlist.
It appears to be happening on mobile too.

Hi @Yato123

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, are these songs being added right after you play them?

If possible, could you send over a video or a screenshot where we can take a better look at this issue? You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos or Insert Video options in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Yes, but it doesn't happen 100% of the time so its hard to replicate.

In the picture I've marked with blue are most songs what have been added through this bug most of them were already in the playlist from before some not but they are all on top now when I sort by recently added. (Not all I marked is the bug just a few I've added myself but you can clearly see when I listen to post malones album)

Marked in red is a song I've had in my playlist for 8 years showing as 3 days ago.

spotifybug.jpg

Hey @Yato123,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Does this happen only with songs that have bit added a while back? How about when you listen on another device? If you could create a secondary, free account here and see if the same issue comes up, that would help us out a lot.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator

Same issues on all devices and even if I listen to another playlist it will randomly add songs to that one.
The issue isn't consistant enough to be able to spot in me using a free version happens at the weirdest times sometimes it doesn't happen for a week or two then all of a sudden I have 30 new songs added to my playlist.

Hey @Yato123,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you give these steps a go to see if anything changes? 

It's also a good idea to log out from everywhere with these step to see if the issue persists.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Sadly no changes with mentioned steps above.

Hey @Yato123,

Thanks for the reply.

To check whether this issue has anything to do with your account, would you mind creating a free account and testing that out for a few days. If everything works fine, you can follow this Guide on how to transfer your library over to the new account, so nothing will get lost.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts