Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't listen to new songs + other issues

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, I recently changed home networks and Spotify has been giving me a lot of issues lately. When I first got onto this new network, I was able to listen to ...

exag_0-1602192127938.png exag_1-1602192269918.png exag_2-1602192406202.png
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I recently changed home networks and Spotify has been giving me a lot of iss...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Long Startup Times

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice**bleep** GHz, 8 GB RAMOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEvery time I start Spotify, it takes at least fifteen minutes to load. I've tried the posted fixes (turning off hardware acceleration, no access to local ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device **bleep** GHz, 8 GB RAM Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue Every time I start Spotify, it takes at least fifteen minutes to load.&n...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to unlike some songs (in general, not just local or radio)

I'm trying to clean upp my liked songs (10k+), but when i unlike some songs (either by clicking the X, pressing delete on the keyboard or using the right click menu) they just reappear liked. See video. https://gfycat.com/pleasedarcticeggI have reins...

PleasedArcticEgg-size_restricted
  • Music Fan
  • I'm trying to clean upp my liked songs (10k+), but when i unlike some songs (either by clicking the X, pressing delete on the keyboard or using the right click menu) they just reappear liked. See vid...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Loss of Spotify for desktop playback functions

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceLenovo Laptop + Sonos SpeakerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have always used Spotify desktop to listen to new albums and musicals which need to be played in order, but I have lost the ability to turn off shuff...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country UK Device Lenovo Laptop + Sonos Speaker Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have always used Spotify desktop to listen to new albums and musicals whi...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Duplication of songs in playlists

Plan/PremiumCountryItalyDevicenotebook Asus M60jOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueHi, as indicated in the subject, I found that by saving songs in the playlists, the double saving control no longer occurs, as it did in the past, what does ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan/Premium Country Italy Device notebook Asus M60j Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue Hi, as indicated in the subject, I found that by saving songs in the playlists, the double...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[Windows 10] No internet connection (error 4) yet again

So this happen to me today... And it all started with windows reboot. No connection. At the same time any other devices (mobile, laptop, TV) works fine. The only different thing between them is the connection type Wifi > Ethernet. I already did all t...

• So this happen to me today... And it all started with windows reboot. No connection. At the same time any other devices (mobile, laptop, TV) works fine. The only different thing between them is the c...
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution App Crashes when opened

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAMD SystemOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to open Spotify on windows 10. As soon as I open the app it closes immediately without any notification. The system tray icon also disappears when I mouse o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device AMD System Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to open Spotify on windows 10. As soon as I open the app it closes immediat...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution most songs don't play, ones that do actually play freeze at 9 seconds indefinitely

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Enterprise My Question or IssueThis has been going on a few weeks now. I try to start playing music from my playlist. It skips several songs before finding one that will finally play. Every song that...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Enterprise   My Question or Issue This has been going on a few weeks now. I try to start playing music from my playlist. It skips ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot Reinstall Desktop App for Windows 7

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 7 Professional x64 My Question or IssueWas having the issue with Spotify trying to reinstall upon opening each time. Attempted complete reinstall and now cannot reinstall due to the ...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 7 Professional x64   My Question or Issue Was having the issue with Spotify trying to reinstall upon opening ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I install the standalone version of the app in windows 10?

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceLaptop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI would like to install spotify as a traditional program and not as a windows store app. When i ran the installer downloaded from spotify.com, it just converted itse...

• Plan Premium Country India Device Laptop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I would like to install spotify as a traditional program and not as a windows store app. ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Trasferring account and Premium subscription to a brand new desktop PC

PlanFree/PremiumCountryHungaryDevicedesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 7 now but the new PC will be Windows 10. My Question or IssueI am buying a new desktop PC. How can I transfer my Premium subscription and account?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Hungary Device desktop PC Operating System Windows 7 now but the new PC will be Windows 10.   My Question or Issue I am buying a new desktop PC. How can I tra...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Download individual song or songs?

Hello Spotify community.I am a premium member and I wish to download individual songs, so that I can play around with them and sync them on my dj software. I am a beginner! If this is possible on spotify, how does one do it? And if not, what service ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify community. I am a premium member and I wish to download individual songs, so that I can play around with them and sync them on my dj software.  I am a beginner!  If this is p...
  • joeybiggs
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search/filter in all playlists

Hello, Is it possible to search/filter for songs and artists in all playlists at once. It is a very useful feature that I would use often. I know this was posible to do in previous desktop application for Windows. Using the library that summarized al...

library
  • Hello,   Is it possible to search/filter for songs and artists in all playlists at once. It is a very useful feature that I would use often.    I know this was posible to do in pre...
  • stefy97100
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Picture Arrows Broken!

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows 10 desktop1080p monitorSpotify Version1.1.44.538.g8057de92 (Microsoft Store version)My Question or IssueGood evening, I noticed the when I was in the About page of an artist and tried to view their pictures, the lef...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows 10 desktop 1080p monitor Spotify Version 1.1.44.538.g8057de92 (Microsoft Store version) My Question or Issue Good evening, I noticed the when I was i...
  • tobybg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop not syncing properly with current activity on Android Devices

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktop App, (current version), Android App on multiple devices (also current version) - Samsung Galaxy S10 and Vankyo Matrixpad S7 Operating SystemWindows 10, various Android OSMy Question or IssueI've been experiencing pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Desktop App, (current version), Android App on multiple devices (also current version) - Samsung Galaxy S10 and Vankyo Matrixpad S7  Operating System Window...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Fullscreen closes when song changes

PlanFreeCountryFinlandDeviceWindows pcOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhen I start Spotify It allows me to go fullscreen mode, but when the song changes it goes away.

• Plan Free Country Finland Device Windows pc Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue When I start Spotify It allows me to go fullscreen mode, but when the song changes it goes away.
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] Search in playlists

PlanPremiumCountryPoland DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue1. Go to some playlist2. Search in playlist (ctrl+f)3. Play one result4. [ISSUE] When song ends (or cliecked "next"), next song is next stong of playlist, not from search...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Poland   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue 1. Go to some playlist 2. Search in playlist (ctrl+f) 3. Play one result 4. [ISSUE] ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Every attempt to open Spotify web URL from browser to app causes screen to blink or turn off

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceLenovo T480Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro (2004). OS build: 19041.58 My Question or IssueClicking on the Spotify icon on an embedded Spotify album found on web page to transfer to the desktop app always causes my screen to b...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Lenovo T480 Operating System Windows 10 Pro (2004). OS build: 19041.58   My Question or Issue Clicking on the Spotify icon on an embedded Spotify album f...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Overlay not appearing when playing games

i dont know what happened but i was able to see the overlay and what song was playing and everything and now all of a sudden the overlay just dissappeared, the button to toggle the overlay on and off is on and i dont understand why it isnt showing, i...

• Visitor
  • i dont know what happened but i was able to see the overlay and what song was playing and everything and now all of a sudden the overlay just dissappeared, the button to toggle the overlay on and off...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search returns wrong results

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10,etc My Question or IssueI'm using the latest desktop version of Spotify, 1.1.43.700.g20acee0f. I just had a most annoying session of trying to search for songs to create a playlist. About 1 in 1...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10,etc   My Question or Issue I'm using the latest desktop version of Spotify, 1.1.43.700.g20acee0f.  I just had a most...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes