Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So every so often the recommended sections just disappears and in order to see it again i have to make a new playlist. Theres times though where it wont show up on my main playlist and ive tried everything from disabling adblockers to reinstalling.

How do i fix this?

5 Replies

Hey @draconic_flames,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one. By doing that you can make sure that the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

It's also a good idea to try on another device. That way we can check if it's a device-related issue. Are there any changes?

If you've already tried these steps let us know. That way we'll able to avoid any repeating steps.

Keep us in the loop! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi!

I've been reading multiple threads regarding this issue, and none seem to help. I've even created a new playlist and it doesn't show recommended songs, although in other playlists it does. 

When trying from my phone, it shows like 3 recommended songs, and when I press refresh it says "an error has ocurred".

I'd be happy if someone could solve this problem 🙂

Hey @tomasnusser4,

Thanks for reaching out.

Did you give the steps for a clean reinstall that @veri posted above a go? If that doesn't do the trick could you ask a friend or family member to log in on your devices and see if the issue comes up there as well? Alternatively you can create a free one here and use it for the test. We'd also appreciate it if you send us a couple of screenshots of how the recommended section looks at your end.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi!

I did the clean reinstall and it didn't help. Also, I've tried logging in from different devices and the problem persists. 

I have attached some screenshots of the playlist in which the recommended section does not show up and one (on the same account) that does.

other paylist on my account showing reccommended.PNG
playlist with error not showing anything at bottom.PNG

Hey @tomasnusser4

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In case this persists after the clean reinstall we also recommend cleaning up the hosts file on your device. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that. 

If this doesn't help, try logging in to a different Spotify account on your original device as @Mihail suggested. You can borrow the login details from a friend or relative or create a free test account by following these steps. 

Keep us in the loop here. 

Suggested posts