Premium

Country

US

Device

HP

Operating System

Win10 1903

My Question or Issue

I am able to see a count of MP3 files matching on Windows Media Player and Spotify. Of the 6 albums, only 1 has the first song properly imported. All the other albums have 'Track 1' and 'Unknown Artist'. The rips are all good and have proper folder and file naming standards. How do I fix this? I see no way to manually fix. I have uninstalled, deleted all files, reinstalled. It always comes back the same.

2019-07-14 19_53_27-Spotify Premium.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You have to change songs' name and artist name on the right click > settings > details screen. Right click it on the main mp3 file. Not on Spotify App.

Step 1

1.png

Step 2

2.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

You have to change songs' name and artist name on the right click > settings > details screen. Right click it on the main mp3 file. Not on Spotify App.

Step 1

1.png

Step 2

2.png

You are 100% correct. I have it set to auto-rip, and it must be missing the metadata for the first track. Therefore, the file details are incorrect despite the file name and folder being correct.

Now, must I reinstalled Spotify to recognize the change? They are not correct in Spotify after restarting the app. How can I invoke a rescan?

Thank you!

Fixed! Removed and readded the local source in preferences. Now all the songs are properly represetned as well as their play order!

I'm happy for you, you're welcome bruh ❤️

Suggested posts