Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files option doesn't appear in my settings/privacy list

Local files option doesn't appear in my settings/privacy list

I want to be able to see the local music files on my hard drive in my Spotify account but my settings/privacy list no longer shows the local files option and one track I linked into the account a few days ago is now greyed out.
3 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

We recommend deleting the app version you're using and downloading it again either from our website or from the Microsoft Store as they can have different behavior.

Also, make sure to search for the Local Files in the app on PC by going to Settings (by clicking on your profile picture) > Your Library > Show Local Files.

If you're still unable to see the option, it'd be great if you could send us the app version you're currently running so we can have a look. 

Thanks and we'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Ivelina,

Thanks for replying.  I'm actually running Spotify via Windows 7 on my desktop computer.  Downloading the app isn't an option since it requires Windows 10 or above.  The weird thing is that the Local Files option in Settings was there originally but has since disappeared.

Regards,  Peter

Hey @soulmanic

Thanks for the quick response and for letting us know. 

At Spotify, we are always working to provide our users with the best possible listening experience. We continuously encourage users to use the latest version of Spotify as it contains the newest features and bug fixes. For more information on that you can see our Support pages.

However older versions of the app often have broken or missing features due to their old interface, which can not support the latest Spotify experience. In addition some of these old apps have security vulnerabilities associated with underlying older technologies. These vulnerabilities are not available on the latest versions of the app and can only be eliminated by shutting down services built with older technologies.

Hope this helped out and shed some light,

Cheers.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts