Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Many albums now coming up as "not found"

Solved!

Many albums now coming up as "not found"

Suddenly today, a large number of the albums showing up on Spotify, when clicked on present me with an "Album not found" message. They do appear to be present on the service however, as the individual tracks can be accessed from the list of search results. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that fixed the problem for about 2 albums but then it quickly resumed.

I am running Windows 8.1 64-bit. Spotify version 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc

EDIT: The problem seems to only be getting worse, as it is now happening to virtually every album I click on.

77 Replies

Ditto. Just started happening today (8/25). Can still play the tracks, but trying to view the albums themselves generates the "Album not found" page. USA.

Not sure another "me too" is helpful but...

me too.

Much like the above, another 'me too' post isn't going to help much, but ... 'Me too', and 'this is annoying'.

Spotify, please fix your stuff.

Me too. USA

having similiar issues. 

in USA. on a mac. 

It's weirdly inconsistant. About 20 min ago, Tame Impala's "Lonerism" wouldn't come up, but it does now. But most albums I've tried to pull up and got the error message are still broken.

I am also experiencing this issue (Mac, 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc) 

Not a solution, but a workaround.  If you drag the album to New Playlist, it lets you view and listen to all the songs on the album.

This happened immediately after I updated (as it often offers to restart and update to latest version). I'm on Mac 10.9.4

It looks like a bug.  I'm in the habit of clicking just on the album cover as it seems we all are... when you click on the actiual text (i.e. Roulette for Violet Indiana), you get the expected result.

Until a fix, just click on text!

HTH,

Michael

Also started experiencing today. Mac OSX 10.9.4

Version 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c

USA

Same situation. USA on Mac

Same on Win7.  Weirdly it will say Album not found and I can search around the same way again and display the album.  

Sometimes the artist will show the album covers but not the tracklistings.  Very odd.  Is there a spoftify player cache file to remove?

same here on a mac in the USA, after that update plenty of issues with albums

australia, linux, same issue.

I'm having the same issue. USA, Premium subscriber (for the time being), Windows. I upgraded to the newest version of spotify this morning and haven't been able to access albums since.

I (kinda) glad that it's not just me. On my MacBook/Maverick, I haven't been able to access B.o.B. and a couple of others. Propagandhi albums that were there had the same issue and a few minutes later the songs were visible. This is all after an update today.

I'm having the same issue. First real problem I've had with Spotify. When might we hear something... ?

Can confirm this has been raised as an issue and Spotify are investigating. Hang in there guys!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

One more data point to corroborate the existence of the issue! Premium in the US, as well.

I recently upgraded to a new version of Spotify, if that helps isolate the issue.

Also, it seems that although the album will not be loaded properly the first time around, browsing around other album/artist pages a bit and subsequently returning to the album that failed to load will resuscitate it, and it seems that from then on out it will load with no troubles.

Hope that helps!

It's annoying but if you click on "Save" to save the album, and then click on "Albums" under "YOUR MUSIC" in the side bar to go to your albums area you can get to the album from there.

Suggested posts