Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Media keys not working while Spotify minimized

Media keys not working while Spotify minimized

Windows 10, Premium, Canada.

I've been using Spotify for a while without any issues.  Recently, however, I had a problem where my computer wouldn't play any audio but a high-pitched noise.  I spent a while changing around audio settings until this was fixed — I'm not sure exactly what fixed it.  Ever since then, I haven't been able to use the media keys on my keyboard (Corsair K70) to pause/play/shuffle the music when Spotify is minimized.  I'm not sure if the two are related, but I'm pretty sure that's the cause.   Also, I can still change the volume using the keyboard, but the level no longer appears at the top left hand corner of the screen while I'm adjusting it.

So far, I haven't been able to find a fix for the issue.  I've tried, not necessarily in this order:

• Reboot
  • Clean install
  • Removing Google Music extension in Chrome (didn't exist)
  • Disabling Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service in the system config
  • Updating the keyboard drivers
  • Changing Human Interface Device Services Properties startup type from manual to automatic

None of these have changed the problem, and at this point I'm at my wits' end, so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

2 Replies

I also have been dealing with the same exact issue. I have a Corsair k70 and I've been using it for about two years but I woke up today and the media buttons would not work with Spotify.  I have tried every option listed in previous forum posts but nothing has worked like it need it to. The closest thing I have found has been exiting Spotify and restarting but even then the buttons won't work unless I spam them and then they just stop working once Spotify isn't the tab I have open. 

i am also dealing with the same problem but this time i am using a red dragon compacted keyboard and now that i got it, the media keys dont work when its minimized before it used to but now its not somebody please help all of us

Suggested posts