Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Menu won't charge /search engine is dead

Solved!

Menu won't charge /search engine is dead

Hi everyone, I hope someone had this problem and might help me.

I don't have access to the menu anymore. I tried to shut Spotify off, turn it on again, disconnect, connect again.

I've got a blank (grey) space where the menu should be. It won't charge. In the menu, "browse", "radio" and "follow" won't charge. Search engine isn't working either. (no response when i click "show all results", an artist or anything else)

It's not a low Wifi or connexion problem, I've checked several times and every other program using internet is working fine. Music is playing correctly, I just can't look for anything else than what I've got on my playlists.

I'm using Spotify as a program (not an app) on WIndows 8.

Thanks for reading me and taking time to answer if you know what's going on 🙂

Capturespotify1.PNG
28 Replies

@Iris78 wrote:
Had the same issue, uninstalling/reinstalling fixed it for me.

That's fine, same for me, but there is obviously a problem if lots of people are having exactly the same issue today at the same time. 

Thanks a lot it worked for me too ! 🙂

Patchouli30 some tip to make it work : when you close Spotify, the Webhelper sometimes stays open.

- Close Spotify (right clic, quit Spotify)

- Ctrl+alt+del

- Clic task manager, find Spotify Webhelper

- End task for Spotify Webhelper

- Go back to Windows and delete Spotify's files in appdata as previously said

It should work 🙂 Thanks a lot everyone !

Happens again after cleaning the Appdata>Local>Spotify... and even with the tip it doesn't work anymore.. any idea ?

Think I solved it and now it seems to load! Actually I did't manage to find the directories "com.spotify.Client" and "Application Support" in the Library before... But I ultimately deleted them and followed the instructions suggested by the site for a clean reinstallation. Hope it helps

Just to clarify: I recently switched to Yosemite on Mac and I'm finding a lot of problems I never had with Mavericks... I'm really disappointed and waiting for an upgrade

I'm in the same situation.

Search doesn't work; it seems that it cannot dysplay results and just stays black.

Cleaning AppData\Local\Spotify\ seems to work just once.

In the same boat but the files don't even exist in my 'Caches' so I'm at a loss for what to do.

nice one mate, works like a charm 😉

deleting cache fixed the prob, ty very much:)

Thank you so much! It worked!

Suggested posts