Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Menu won't charge /search engine is dead

Solved!

Menu won't charge /search engine is dead

Hi everyone, I hope someone had this problem and might help me.

I don't have access to the menu anymore. I tried to shut Spotify off, turn it on again, disconnect, connect again.

I've got a blank (grey) space where the menu should be. It won't charge. In the menu, "browse", "radio" and "follow" won't charge. Search engine isn't working either. (no response when i click "show all results", an artist or anything else)

It's not a low Wifi or connexion problem, I've checked several times and every other program using internet is working fine. Music is playing correctly, I just can't look for anything else than what I've got on my playlists.

I'm using Spotify as a program (not an app) on WIndows 8.

Thanks for reading me and taking time to answer if you know what's going on 🙂

Capturespotify1.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello again
I found a solution

1. Make sure that Spotify is not working. (Out of Spotify)

2. Delete the Spotify application in the Applications folder.

3.. Manually Delete the following folders:
~ / Library / Caches / com.spotify.Client
4. go to spotify page and download the latest version

OK.

PD. Note that by doing this, some things such as playlist offline to be re-downloading

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I got browsing working again just by deleting everything in the Spotify Cache... all the files and folders are located in here:

Screenshot 2014-11-12 22.35.29.png

Delete these files after fully Quiting Spotify (using the Taskbar menu, not the close window button) and then when Spotify is re-launched the files are recreated.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

28 Replies

I just posted the exact same problem as you haha glad I'm not the only one having this issue

@Hawleyomalley wrote:

Hi everyone, I hope someone had this problem and might help me.

I don't have access to the menu anymore. I tried to shut Spotify off, turn it on again, disconnect, connect again.

I've got a blank (grey) space where the menu should be. It won't charge. In the menu, "browse", "radio" and "follow" won't charge. Search engine isn't working either. (no response when i click "show all results", an artist or anything else)

It's not a low Wifi or connexion problem, I've checked several times and every other program using internet is working fine. Music is playing correctly, I just can't look for anything else than what I've got on my playlists.

I'm using Spotify as a program (not an app) on WIndows 8.

Thanks for reading me and taking time to answer if you know what's going on 🙂

Same here. Glad I'm not the only one !!.

Same problem here, affects mobile app, desktop app and website.  UK

same over here... (GER)

Same here. Spain

Same problem.

I tried reinstalling, unticking "enable hardware acceleration", logging out and back in, and I can't see any issues with my firewall 😞

Hi, I'm having the same issues, (UK)  glad it's not just me!

Marked as solution

Hello again
I found a solution

1. Make sure that Spotify is not working. (Out of Spotify)

2. Delete the Spotify application in the Applications folder.

3.. Manually Delete the following folders:
~ / Library / Caches / com.spotify.Client
4. go to spotify page and download the latest version

OK.

PD. Note that by doing this, some things such as playlist offline to be re-downloading

Hi, 

I can't find "~ / Library / Caches / com.spotify.Client" folder 

Helo again,

open the finder
go to (your username) then Library (if you do not see the library folder, press (Alt) and go to (display) in the finder menu. 

Then within library is (caches) folder. And within (caches) folder is com.spotify.Client. 

the path is:  /your username/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client

Sorry for my English

Marked as solution

I got browsing working again just by deleting everything in the Spotify Cache... all the files and folders are located in here:

Delete these files after fully Quiting Spotify (using the Taskbar menu, not the close window button) and then when Spotify is re-launched the files are recreated.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Confirmed, this works and solved the problem for me!

@Radian wrote:

YAY !!. It worked !! ..... Many Thanks for that info !! 😄

yeah thx

I'm afraid that solution didn't work for me. Any other ideas on how to fix this? 

I pay for this junk! I only expect it to work! Come on Spotify - it´s up to you!

Same problemf for me.  Was working fine yesterday.

Deleting Spotify Cache did not work.

Uninstall and reinstall of the app seems to have fixed the problem.  

What I noticed before doing that is that the Spotify data that normally sits in the User / Appdata / Local folder was missing.  I had redirected my Cache to a different drive.

Hi,

Same problem here with 3 different computers. Spotify Desktop Client no web content in master pane (screenshot)

1 and 2 at home, 3,4 and 5 at work

1. Win 7 64 bit stopped working properly since yesterday (IE10)

2. Win 7 64 clean Spotify DC install (first time) same result (IE10)

3. Sever 2008 R2 at work, same status this morging: stopped working properly (IE10)

4. Win XP (VMware WS) clean Spotify DC install... Working perfect, no problems (IE8)

5. Win 7 32bit (VMware WS) clean Spotify DC instal...Working perfect, no problems (IE9)

Still trouble shooting

Had the same issue, uninstalling/reinstalling fixed it for me.

Suggested posts