Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Stationary PC

Operating System

Windows 10 pro x64

My Question or Issue

i am using spotify on a windows and android device.

only the android device offers me "normal" functionality. the windows app is missing the following:

- overall different appearance of artist page

- no "concerts" tab on artist page

- no stream / plays counter for individual songs (neither on artist page nor anywhere else)

- no "what other fans like" section

- cannot rename playlists

- cannot sort items on playlist

the whole thing feels like "lite" version of spotify.

what i tried so far to no avail:

- multiple PC restarts

- installed via setup.exe from spotify.com, uninstalled

- installed via windows store

- uninstalled + reinstalled

- cleared cache in C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0\LocalCache\Spotify\Data

- disabled firewall

- disabled pihole

- installed the store app on another windows machine

i attached two screenshots, one showing the "normal" state of a certain artist page (a friend sent me that screenshot) and the other one showing the "restricted" state which i am confronted with.

any help would be appreciated, since this is starting to become a real pain.

thanks in advance.

spotify_bad.jpg
spotify_good.jpg
5 Replies

This update is horrible.. I really hope the Windows desktop app actually gets reverted back to being a desktop app. Seriously considering trying another streaming service if this isn't fixed soon...

I agree. This version is some sort of kids version with practically no meaningful options what so ever...

Edit: my initial reaction:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Search-results-show-as-icons-instead-of-a-list/td-p...

this is just horrible. 

i can temporarily fix the issues by installing an older spotify version (spotify-1-0-85-259.exe), but the auto updater will of course do it's job without asking the user if he wants to update.

software nowdays = bye bye self-determination..

This is Spotify trying to “improve” their app. And by “improve” I mean take away useful features that many of us use and make the product an overall worse experience. 

I don’t know what Spotify is thinking by constantly taking away features. It’s a fantastic service but their UI team makes horrible decisions. 

Suggested posts