My username is a bunch of random numbers!

Solved!

My username is a bunch of random numbers!

theodorable

Hi. So, I've been a spotify member for six months now and have had no problems until now. I just took a look at my profile and noticed that spotify displays not my name, but 1214123792 as my "username", which I do not like. When I signed up for spotify I connected to my facebook account and continued signing in with my email, just like I would for facebook. This caused my full name to represent my profile; which I'm okay with. Here's the thing that might have caused the problem: I just recently lost interest in facebook and temporarily deactivated my account, but I could still log in to spotify using my facebook information (email and password). I  checked my account settings and what not on the spotify website and saw that I was still connected to facebook. I get that spotify is for listening to music and it shouldn't matter how your profile appears, but it still bugs me. Solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Mario

Hey folks,

Thank you all for the updates and following up on this!

We're actually closing this thread as it's a really old one.

Make sure to check this Spotify Answer by Guido to find out how you can switch back to your Facebook name and avoid displaying your numerical Spotify username.

If you've just decided to join Spotify or to create a new account and are wondering how you can select a personalized Spotify nickname, you'll find it very helpful to check this Spotify Answer by Kate.

If you still have questions regarding this topic, we'll be looking forward to checking them out in a new and up-to-date thread you can create by heading here.

Thank you so much for your support and have a good one 🙂

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

View solution in original post

162 Replies
Solution!

Mario

Hey folks,

Thank you all for the updates and following up on this!

We're actually closing this thread as it's a really old one.

Make sure to check this Spotify Answer by Guido to find out how you can switch back to your Facebook name and avoid displaying your numerical Spotify username.

If you've just decided to join Spotify or to create a new account and are wondering how you can select a personalized Spotify nickname, you'll find it very helpful to check this Spotify Answer by Kate.

If you still have questions regarding this topic, we'll be looking forward to checking them out in a new and up-to-date thread you can create by heading here.

Thank you so much for your support and have a good one 🙂

MarioModerator
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

View solution in original post

LukeDarko
Casual Listener

I've had this problem before, probably since i've logged on Spotify via another browser. I've just found a solution, or at least it worked for me.
I went to Spotify's website and turned on the processing of personal data in the privacy section (because i had it off).
Then i went to Facebook's settings, in the app and websites section, and removed Spotify's access.
Then i logged out from Spotify (probably it would have been better if i logged out before) and re-logged in with Facebook and now i have my name and profile pic back, along with all my playlists.
Hope it can work for others too.

Petya
Community Legend

Hey there @LukeDarko,

Thanks for stopping by in the Community to let us know what solved your issue! 

We're glad to hear this worked out for you 🙂 Bear in mind that whenever you find a certain fix for an issue and you post it, you're helping others who might be experiencing the exact same thing. 

To check if and make sure that Spotify and Facebook are fully connected, go to privacy settings on your account page and make sure to click on the "Process my Facebook data".

Keep us posted 🙂

PetyaModerator

Aether_Strike
Visitor

I'm having the same problem and I've gone through the solutions such as clicking "Process Facebook data", logging out and signing back in, removing spotify from my facebook apps then relogging.

Is there any way you could get my spotify to display "Aether_Strike" as my username, or at least my facebook name?

my numerical username is 1243240862,

Thank you.

ComfyBuck

test..

Slimysalaman

Test

rym23

test

sherkaleg

i have same problem 

Lassedg
Casual Listener
1000of ppl have its something to do with spotify frozen your account i
think can u still enter?

Deathspawn
Casual Listener

This happened to me too, i had my facebook name as my username and my profile pic and now it's just numbers. I can't belive this has no fix Spotify should be doing something

edit: i had to log in here with my facebook and it asked me to add a username and verify my email. the user name on the message is new and i'd rather have my name back as it was before.

user-removed
Not applicable

Mines also like previous others. 1215633292

If someone can change it to my Facebook name, that'd be great. I created my account with Facebook years ago.

user-removed
Not applicable

Same problem on OSX, until recently it was my public facebook name. Now it's only and always the string 2262y5ojymu75ye2i7rgaab4a. 

I want to go back to being Brady!

Seinaru21

hi i created an account on pc , i chose "Seinaru no Senjutsu" for the account name , i have no fb account and my account name looks like "h3xqorhtq0exxu5djktvmpzw5", can you fix it i want to go premium but , if it will still look like that , i wont...

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm having the problem where my name is displayed as a random string. It's been like this for months now.

Yashu1
Casual Listener

yeah ive had the same problem for a simular amount of time. my username is: 11138694464

RemyB_

I have the exact same issue..

Legawien84
Music Fan

So, is Spotify still working on this? My username has been a bunch of numbers now for almost three weeks, I see that this is a problem already since 2013... how to fix?

_1-gu179ovzvc

Same problem here! Signed up using computer. Got username: 11166963124. I have no facebook. Lot's of friends of mine use Spotify too, but i can's seem to find them. I really think it is crazy u can't change it. I can't even upload a profile picture. Is the facbook maffia behind this? Should be easy to fix. I just changed from using Deezer premium to Spotify family. Hope this changes soon. Othewise i have to change back to Deezer i'm afraid.

user-removed
Not applicable

this is so stupid, I don't know why it seems so hard to fix.

imjakedarren

Test

SUGGESTED POSTS