Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need to undo "Forget this device"

Need to undo "Forget this device"

I have a few Echo Dots scattered around the house. My daughter decided to stop Spotify from playing on a particular device, and chose the "Forget this device" option.  Now I can't select it anymore and I can't find out how to add it back.  Please help !

Ok - Cancel this !!!  It just appeared again all by itself.  Magic !

6 Replies

I have the same problem, how can  I find my device?

I accidentally clicked the "Forget this device" too. The only way I fixed this is to reinstall the spotify in my phone and you can choose the device again.

I did Forget this device and not having any luck getting it back in, I have Samsung galaxy S7 and Pioneer VSX-1131 I  can't get them to connect again or what ever 

Looks like a way to solve this with an Amazon device using Spotify Connect is to go to your Alexa app and unlink/re-link your Spotify account. This just solved it for me. 

I can't undo "forget device" for a google home device in my spotify account. I've unlinked the device through my google home app and uninstalled and reinstalled everything, but I still can't get my device to link again to spotify. I have mutliple other google home devices which still work just fine, but the main living room device is the one I play the most and this is the one that I accidentally clicked 'forget device' for. I'm so upset that I can't play music in my living room any more. It is very frustrating!

Hey Red25, you can control your Spotify account from within the Google Home app directly, if you open the Google Home app, select 'Music' and there will be a list of all the music providers you can use, including Spotify. Click on this to reconnect your account back and you should be good to go listening to your favourite music again. 

Suggested posts