Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify Update - Where is filter option for podcasts?

Solved!

New Spotify Update - Where is filter option for podcasts?

Plan

Premium

Country
USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello! I am new here. Thought I can navigate through Help and Community but I couldn't find the info I need with this newest Spotify desktop update. Is there an option to filter listened episodes/shows for podcasts? I know we were able to filter by date (new/old), listened/unlistened, etc. previously. If the feature is still in the new update, where is it? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @disquoveri,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Currently there is no option to filter the podcasts. We appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback with us.

We'd suggest you check this thread for more information about the new Desktop experience.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @disquoveri,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Currently there is no option to filter the podcasts. We appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback with us.

We'd suggest you check this thread for more information about the new Desktop experience.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

"Currently there is no option to filter the podcasts."

This new "update" is more a downgrade than anything else. You've had filtering and then the design team decided to remove it. Just... wow.

Hey @9qll-gg_8go6a,

Our developers are trying to improve the Desktop experience so user feedback is very important to them.

The best way your opinion can reach them and influence the way the New Desktop experience will look in the future is by leaving a comment in the thread @Ver suggested.

The Desktop client will change over time and it's most likely that it will be improved.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

"Our developers are trying to improve the Desktop experience"
Understandably they are, and I have voiced my criticism in the thread (multiple times in fact), but there's a difference between trying to improve and outright removing core features of a platform that has an insane library of content that requires said features.

Hey there @9qll-gg_8go6a,

Thank you for your post and for the feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features.

But I've yet to once hear you explain why you thought that removing a useful feature was an "improvement". You just, time and time again, spring "upgrades" on us that are from our point of view nothing of the sort, but rather robs us of features that were part of why we use Spotify. Why? The very least you can do is explain why you decided to remove valued features. Why don't you ever do this?

Suggested posts