Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New lyrics layout update: aligned to the left

New lyrics layout update: aligned to the left

So... I just updated Spotify on my laptop (Windows 10) and what the **bleep** have you guys done to the lyrics page? Instead of the text being centered and nice and easy to follow, it's now all squished to one side, looking ugly and deformed and **bleep**ing disgusting as all **bleep**.

I need to be able to read lyrics when listening to songs because I have auditory processing disorder and this is just... **bleep**ing awful to look at now. Please undo this. What the **bleep** are you doing to your app?!

acepeachbunny_0-1693491789281.png

LIKE WHAT THE **bleep** IS THAT?!

I don't think this is a bug because I just updated the app and then reopened it to this**bleep**, but if there's an option to recenter the text and un-ugly the lyrics pages... I will be finding it and selecting it.

What the **bleep**, Spotify...

11 Replies

fr tho. it's makes me mad af. i'm quitting Spotify now at this point😭😭😭

it's genuinely so uncomfortable to look at 😭 i hope they change it back or at least add the option to re-center the lyrics

Ong bro, they've been completely **bleep**ing the web version. First they moved around the queue and add to playlist buttons, now this**bleep**. It's so **bleep**ed. I swear**bleep** is AI generated now, like tf

I just checked some stuff, it seems to happen if a song has longer lyrics. If a line is too long at any point of the song they will squish down the whole lyrics section. Really poor design.

Hey folks!

Our tech team is currently looking into this. We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any updates.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Free

Country

Slovakia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My lyrics were normaly in the middle of the screen, but today where are aligned to the left. For explain there are 2 photos of the same song with the same lyrics in the same time of the song. First photo is how it looked normaly, and second is how it looks now. I want the lyrics aligned to the middle like before, i haven't done anything, it changed by it self.

371538903_1056812695485632_714210102421906027_n.jpg
372318764_799504638324742_3598496452073773217_n.jpg

YEEEEESS I have the same problem, it looks very unaesthetic 😩
my system is windows 11, I thought it was that, but I see it is not 😞

Walk_around_0-1693878613765.png

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

MacBook Pro 14" (M1)

Operating System

macOS Ventura 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

The lyrics are aligned to the left margin which is located under the library when "now playing" is open. When the tab is closed, the lyrics are correctly displayed. The size of the library bar does not affect the misalignment - the lyris slide with the library edge but still appear obscured.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-09-5 o 22.28.19.png
Zrzut ekranu 2023-09-5 o 22.33.47.png
Zrzut ekranu 2023-09-5 o 22.33.55.png

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Windows PC (custom built)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

The margin of lyrics is either entirely missing or somewhat present, depending on the length of the longest sentence in them. Not a bug that makes the program unusable, but an annoying one nonetheless. I'm running the program on my second monitor at a window size of 1080x640.

IMG.PNG

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

MacBook Pro 16" 2021, Apple Silicon

Operating System

13.5.1 (22G90)

My Question or Issue

I'm experiencing the same issue

NewMeeh_0-1694445413354.png

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

MacBook Pro 2021 14 inch
Apple M1 Pro

Operating System

macOS Ventura 13.5.2

My Question or Issue

When I open the lyrics I see all the text formatted at the left, but without a margin so it looks kinda bad. So I wanted to report this because I do not think this is a expected behavior

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 10.22.50 AM.png

Suggested posts