Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update - SAVE option - is there a limit?

Solved!

New update - SAVE option - is there a limit?

Hello,

Is there a limit on the number of albums you can SAVE to YOUR MUSIC section? I'm only half way through saving albums from my old playlists and this feature stopped working... 

If I UNSAVE another album, i can SAVE a new one.

298 Replies

My Spotify stopped saving at 884 songs.  It is nice to listen to albums once in a while but not all of us were brought up that way.

I pretty much stopped exploring new music when the yellow stars were removed from the program. I used them to remember which songs were any good. Now I listen to my old long playlists of music from previous decades, but I mostly gave up on new releases.

Instead of being into new music I bought a blu ray player and got back into movie history as a hobby. In a way it's nice to switch hobbies once in a while.

Thanks spotify for making me give up on new music!

the unique solution for the moment its to save the album as a playlist , saving as a playlist its unlimited!

Yeah, I just don't want to save as playlists because I want to play all of the songs and not just a portion of them.

There wasn't a limit like this in the old Spotify... and yeah the new Spotify is a lot crappier in many other ways, too. You could do 10 playlists with 10k songs and then just play the whole collection as one. It's mind-boggling how much worse the new Spotify is than the old one. Why make progress if all of it is progress towards being more crappy? What's wrong with you people? Help me understand what you were thinking, because as it is... seems like you weren't.

The starred option is unlimited. You can always use it as your saved music and saved music as your starred... It works for me.

True, playlists are also unlimited as well. However using the starred list as an alternative for the "Your Music" feature is counterintuative. I still need to scroll down to the specific album or artist through one long list instead of browsing by artist or album cover.

Maybe there really is a disconnect in how some subscribers are using this product but to clarify, again, I would like Spotify to be my iTunes killer in that I can sort all my music by not only song, but artist and album and have those albums available isolated from my other music so if I want I can just put an album on repeat.

I know I just described playlists, but again, see Rdio if you want to expereince the functionality I'm talking about first hand. Although Rdio has f'd up their app by burying the "My Collection" feature deep in a bunch of menus.

Ianuarius schrieb:
You could do 10 playlists with 10k songs and then just play the whole collection as one.

You can still do this with an unlimited number of 10k playlists moving them to a new folder, because folders can be played as a whole, even in shuffle mode if you want. Just right-click on the folder in the navigation bar and choose "Play". This also works in the mobile apps, as far as I know, at least in the Android app, unfortunately not in the web player which does not know folders at all.

But I agree that the 10k limit in Your Music->Songs is too low when recreating huge libraries from other streaming services like Last.fm, Rdio, Xbox Music or others. So you are forced to go the mentioned route of creating several 10k playlists and create a new folder for them.

I feel your pain, and I know as well as you do that my solution isn't as good as having unlimited saves available, but until they do something about it, which I doubt they will, this was the best workaround I could find. Also, on the desktop you can hit Ctrl + F to filter, so if you know the artist or song you're looking for, you can find it easier that way within your starred music. On the Android app you simply have to scroll all the way up for the filter box to show up. Again, this doesn't give us the functionality we need, but it at least helps.

One way to have all the artists in your collection represented visually would be to follow the artists that you want. Any artist you're following will show up under your My Artists section of your music, even if you haven't saved any of their music. Unfortunately only the songs and albums you've saved would show up there, but you can click the Artist Page link, which kind of works.

You, I, and I would assume at least thousands of others want Spotify as an iTunes killer. I was ecstatic when they added the save/Your Music feature, until I hit the 10,000 song limit in 13 days...

They took a great step towards it with this feature, but fell way short of the mark.

Ah, following an artist is a decent workaround, thanks for that tip.

For now I'm just organizing any new albums into playlists a la the old way I was using Spotify. At least with nested folders I can have some deeper levels of organization.

Spotify should have unlimited storage... I'm a music lover and that's a seriously problem!!

timberford schrieb:

Please give Kudos to this idea if you think the Your Music 10,000 song limit needs to be removed.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot...

The status of that idea has just been changed to "Not Right Now", so it looks as if users with large libraries are stuck creating 9k playlists in one or more folders for now and playing them in shuffle mode. At least this is some kind of official answer:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot...

By the way, thanks to the Google Music user for confirming their 1k track limit per playlist, so I would not consider that as an alternative to Spotify either.

Thanks for the update but do you not think it would be a good idea to at least have a message saying when a user has reached their song limit.  On multiple occassions I spent ages adding all my tracks to your music only to have them all dissappear after restarting spotify, it wasted so much time without me ever knowing why and trying again!!!!!

A simple message saying something along the lines of "You have reached your limit now" would suffice, bt instead you decided to put your head in the sand and never acknowledge that the limit was even there!!!

Maybe you should have a message that says "We don't want you to collect music and enjoy it, we just want you to play the popular tracks over and over again so we can make more money - keep trying things over and over again in a futile manner and we will be sure not to address the issue!"  At least then users will know where they stand.

the library used to work perfectly, so why remove it and make excuses about lists, if something worked fine before the upgrade (downgrade) then use that system.

obviously any kind of indidication that saving was no longer functional would only point out the fatal flaw in the system.  I'm sure this is a concious decision to let things fail quitely and hope that people don't notice.

I really wish Spotify would be more transparent on issues like this.

If they are seriously not going to do it, then at least come out and explain their thinking. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume there is a very good reason behind it. But without knowing anything we're just left hanging.

Either way, it feels to me like Spotify won't take this issue seriously until the tech press start citing the 10k limit regularly in articles where they compare Spotify vs other streaming services.

Everyone that is frustrated by this issue needs to spread the word. Whenever you see an article discussing Spotify, leave a comment about it. Tell all your friends. Get the message out on social media.

Also please give kudos to this request here if you haven't already:

with this limit  save option i wlll go to youtube muisc key 

This limit is just sensless... I have a collection of 1500+ artists. How in the world am I going to put all that in 'Your Music'. 
Remove the limit right now!

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill

You re right bro!

Take off the if else statement.

why there is la limit to save albums, if playlist are unlimited,i have to save my favorite album as playlist its annoying because i have to search that specific album, please make it unlimited save albums!

Hmm, this 10k limit is pointless. Looked at spotified a long time ago but didn't care because they don't think like a collector. Started a few weeks ago because they support albums, but with this 10k limit it just doesn't support the way I think about sorting out music.  Fail.

Suggested posts